Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  275
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: BOYD a DOG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOYD a DOG

Coming of age. Right now, more than ever, he feels like he belongs at AFL level.

He is growing and growing. We saw a hard edged, ultra competitive side to Boyd we hadn't seen previously. I thought it was really, really impressive for a big kid who is still finding his way and found himself in the thick of the action in a huge final.

Well done lad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Coming of age. Right now, more than ever, he feels like he belongs at AFL level.

He is growing and growing. We saw a hard edged, ultra competitive side to Boyd we hadn't seen previously. I thought it was really, really impressive for a big kid who is still finding his way and found himself in the thick of the action in a huge final.

Well done lad.
    I hope all our supporters get right behind him too. I was watching the highlights on the AFL App, and the hard running by Tom was evident in numerous pushes forward. His GPS data must be pumping out huge distances in ground covered.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he's dropped more weight as well. Still got his hands on a few he should be taking, and I think he will.

Post Thanks / Like

Excited to see how he performs for the remainder of the finals and really excited to see him next year after a big pre-season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    A glimpse at what a star he will be. He could/should have finished with three goals. Those marks are going to begin to stick. Be afraid footy world!
    He just monstered a few contests last night too. In one he was almost pushing the pack that had formed over the ball over to get the ball loose the way you see in rugby union sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Loved Boyds game last night. Massive impact on the game and was involved all night.

Did anyone see the vision of him singing the song? Such passion. Just had the look of a bloke who has had the weight lifted and feels like he really belongs.
    I noticed the passion he belted out the song with. He looked particularly delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I hope all our supporters get right behind him too. I was watching the highlights on the AFL App, and the hard running by Tom was evident in numerous pushes forward. His GPS data must be pumping out huge distances in ground covered.

He turned up in some strange places last night. Often a hand would thump the ball on and commentator would say "Boyd" and I'd think "That's not Boyd, he's over there-oh he meant Tom, what's he doing there?" He ran all night.

I am looking forward to a time when performances like last night are his standard performance and the arc goes up from there. Tom knows what it takes now and he knows he can do it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great performance last night. He keeps getting better.

I particularly liked that he flattened a Weagles player with about 5 minutes left in the game on the wing.

Post Thanks / Like

He's got a bit of a mean streak too. I like it.

8. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems to hold marks better around the ground then when a forward target - played very well.

Loved his work for Clay Smith's goal - they just couldn't stick the tackle on the big man
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That effort from Boyd in Clay's goal was symptomatic of Tom's effort on the night, persistent, willing to do the 1%ers.
    I wonder if we will build up his tank this preseason to see if his aerobic ability is up to being an all ground player.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

6 tackles, 5 one-percenters - great numbers for a big man. Testament to his workrate.

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes - really liked his game. Did seem to get to more contests the other night.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I thought he played very well on Thursday night. Was very much involved in the a lot of the play and took a few good marks. He will only keep getting better. With Stewart coming back next year that will help out Jake and Tom. He needs to be at full forward which is what we got him for although with his height can play ruck at times but prefer him forward.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom's effort against the West Coast Turkeys was all any of us could ask, or have wished for. Well done Tom Boyd and your 21 tricolour mates.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

18. Likes Templeton31, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it felt like the penny dropped a little last night. He had an important job to do on a big stage and he relished it. He's going to make quite a few eat humble pie.

Post Thanks / Like

Excrement pie.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.