Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Marketing Ideas for The Club

TBA

Tom Boyd Army (aka cheer squad membership)

Only just realised putting that down it might be confusing if you got a text about where you're sitting or waiting for someone at the ground... Still like it. We need to get every cent out of the marketing appeal of the true messiah.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marketing Ideas for The Club

BT this man does not need gimmicks, we will take the benefits of his well publicised trade, but the last thing we should be doing is heaping the pressure on him at this early stage of his career.

Be patient, he will build it, they will come!

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    BT this man does not need gimmicks, we will take the benefits of his well publicised trade, but the last thing we should be doing is heaping the pressure on him at this early stage of his career.

Be patient, he will build it, they will come!
    What you call gimmicks others might call marketing. It's not about patience or pressure its about an opportunity to have a marquee player that gets memberships sold, and bums on seats and sells hope to the masses who will have another few years down still. I've said on other threads, you can build a team and a club around TB, he has star power and if we weren't finding ways to market or recruit new members and cheer squad members then the marketing manager isn't doing their job.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What you call gimmicks others might call marketing. It's not about patience or pressure its about an opportunity to have a marquee player that gets memberships sold, and bums on seats and sells hope to the masses who will have another few years down still. I've said on other threads, you can build a team and a club around TB, he has star power and if we weren't finding ways to market or recruit new members and cheer squad members then the marketing manager isn't doing their job.
    Our new marketing manager is doing a brilliant job so far, so I imagine every avenue is being looked at and pursued.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Our new marketing manager is doing a brilliant job so far, so I imagine every avenue is being looked at and pursued.
    Simon Garlick has said Tom Boyd is on holidays but we are looking to get him into a Bulldogs jumper as soon as possible, so they are conscious of it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Simon Garlick has said Tom Boyd is on holidays but we are looking to get him into a Bulldogs jumper as soon as possible, so they are conscious of it
    Have offered to have the club fly me out to wherever he's holidaying to give him a guernsey and snap a shot off my iphone.

Awaiting his reply.

8. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Have offered to have the club fly me out to wherever he's holidaying to give him a guernsey and snap a shot off my iphone.

Awaiting his reply.
    Always said you were an overly generous bugger BAS, yell out if you need a hand with carrying the jumper and some one to take the shot.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where to put this but has anyone seen the short #bemorebulldog advertising videos that autoplay on all the club website's videos? They are seriously terrific, some of the sharpest work done by the media team in a very, very long time

11. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Not sure where to put this but has anyone seen the short #bemorebulldog advertising videos that autoplay on all the club website's videos? They are seriously terrific, some of the sharpest work done by the media team in a very, very long time
    Are they the ones at the hospital and in the car park? Agree lemmon it's a good concept.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

13. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine what it is going to be like in 2015 when he starts booting bags every week. It'll be like Ablett Snr, Lockett & Carey again. But this time for us!!!
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Imagine what it is going to be like in 2015 when he starts booting bags every week. It'll be like Ablett Snr, Lockett & Carey again. But this time for us!!!
    Don't expect too much early on but yes I'm hopeful that he'll be a great full forward for us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

If Macca was still coach he would be playing in the midfield in his first season then at fullback.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Just getting Tom Boyd is the best marketing the club has ever done. I can't recall this level of press coverage ever being around the club.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Just getting Tom Boyd is the best marketing the club has ever done. I can't recall this level of press coverage ever being around the club.
    Akermanis generated a fair bit.

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still like The Tom Boyd Army for the cheer squad membership.

We've got to convert Bob love into members too, especially his pull to kids. Little Rascals Captain Club? (Junior members)???