Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ideas for Rookie List replenishment?

If it's a choice between Mitch Brown on any list or Austin etc, I think I will take Brown as an outside chance to make it and depth is better than just a depth alone player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If it's a choice between Mitch Brown on any list or Austin etc, I think I will take Brown as an outside chance to make it and depth is better than just a depth alone player.
    Don't rate Austin and if we are able to improve on him by any means it would make me happy.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I read somewhere that the suns were going to delist broughton and attempt to re-rookie him. Maybe we could get in his ear and offer him a rookie position! Would be useful to our team as a mature age medium defender with an ability to rebound!! Played some good footy for both freo and the suns in past years!

5. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Brown the forward version of Austin though? Except a first round draft pick?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Isn't Brown the forward version of Austin though? Except a first round draft pick?
    I would play him back.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I would play him back.
    After I posted that, I saw the doctor also posted he can play defence.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Wouldn't mind offering Cameron Conlon or Darcy Hourigan a slot. Both undrafted from 2013: 1 with injuries, 1 with a big fat bum. Both have some talent worth the punt of offering a rookie slot to in my eyes. The other one is Jesse Watchman from SA. Highly rated underager, had some issues this year as well and won't get drafted but a rookie slot would be worth the punt. Has talent and that doesn't just vanish. He's from SA though (as is Hourigan who I haven't seen anything of this year so may still have the big behind) so whether they would move and settle on a rookie wage is always a question. All of the above can play tall forward which despite Boyd we clearly still have a massive lack of depth in if Stringer and Crameri are ever going to get unleashed upfield.
    Darcy Hourigan has just quit SANFL and playing Hills Footy in rAdelaide, South Adelaide not happy, especially if Brett Eddy gets drafted.

Hourigan had OP all year and did basically nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    Thought I read somewhere that the suns were going to delist broughton and attempt to re-rookie him. Maybe we could get in his ear and offer him a rookie position! Would be useful to our team as a mature age medium defender with an ability to rebound!! Played some good footy for both freo and the suns in past years!
    Don't know why he hasn't kicked on, was a star a few years ago
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Bandit Guest

At risk of being laughed off the forum with my first post. How about talking LRT out of retirement for a rookie spot. Experienced tall that can be played at both ends. Might not play all the time but could be a role player at times and by all reports has leadership qualities. Might not be as stupid as it sounds.

12. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    At risk of being laughed off the forum with my first post. How about talking LRT out of retirement for a rookie spot. Experienced tall that can be played at both ends. Might not play all the time but could be a role player at times and by all reports has leadership qualities. Might not be as stupid as it sounds.
    Why not could do a Ben Hudson who came out of retirement to help out and he could mentor Talia and Roberts as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be to concerned about any backlash on here Bandit just take it with a grain of salt, most posters are quite tolerable and understand we don't all have their football nouse.
    That said I can't see the advantage of losing a spot on the senior list for a bloke who would play next to no or any senior games when we could just employ him on our coaching staff or have him play with Footscray for the same result.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to get guys to come out of retirement if they have already planned out the next phase after their footy career but I'm not sure if this applies to LRT. The problem for LRT would be that he only played 9 senior games in the last two seasons. He missed most of 2013 with a knee injury and he had a calf injury last year. In his last 6 games in the NEAFL he hardly touched the ball.

That is a long time between drinks
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How about talking LRT out of retirement for a rookie spot. Experienced tall that can be played at both ends. Might not play all the time but could be a role player at times and by all reports has leadership qualities. Might not be as stupid as it sounds.
    He wouldn't get on the park enough, but I am open to a 1-2 year senior defender coming onto our list as cover. We are very short of KPD options at the minute, and TBH I would have been happy to chase Merritt a bit harder than we did.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He wouldn't get on the park enough, but I am open to a 1-2 year senior defender coming onto our list as cover. We are very short of KPD options at the minute, and TBH I would have been happy to chase Merritt a bit harder than we did.
    I agree, hated the idea at first with Lonergen, then warmed to it, now I'm really upset it didn't happen.

19. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pickenitup View Post
    i have heard a little rumour we may rookie tom young.
    What do people think about that?
    no,no,no,no,no!!!!!