Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Fixture - What do we want for the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Having said all of that stuff about "AFL standard" grounds, are Darwin, Cairns and Alice Springs' grounds considered "AFL standard" by the same criteria?

With the WO upgraded, we could accommodate a decent crowd..

The ground in Darwin is a fair bit like Whitten Oval in its size and layout. It's got a long grassy slope around one side and a members area along the other wing. The entrances are in different places though.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You're right Easty. Last seasons Friday night games were a disaster a lot of times. Friday night should be shared around a bit.
    I think will get it back and if we can improve that will become more likely but agree it doesn't make sense for teams like St. Kilda and Carlton getting it which annoys me.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

We just got to win some games, get the bandwagon rolling.

Think of our FF line: Stringer, Boyd, Dahlhaus. We have the potential to wow the public
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

5. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has to agree we got a pretty easy draw. Last year everyone whinges about Sundays, we have since gone from 15 down to 8 or 9 potentially with last round and now everyone is finding more to whine about. We do have 5 Saturday night games which is a great result.

I don't want our club to be seen as perennial sooks, and this draw definitely is an improvement. If we can somehow snag the Good Friday game in 2016 with a similar draw to this year I would be chuffed.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 31-10-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Correction

Post Thanks / Like

I live 3 hrs away making Sunday night games impossible.Looking fwd to more Saturday games next year

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haberb View Post
    I live 3 hrs away making Sunday night games impossible.Looking fwd to more Saturday games next year
    I live fairly close to the city and I even think Sunday twilight is bad. Imagine for those that live far away. It must be bad but hopefully now a lot of those Dogs supporters will come to the games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I live fairly close to the city and I even think Sunday twilight is bad. Imagine for those that live far away. It must be bad but hopefully now a lot of those Dogs supporters will come to the games.
    Yeah, crap time to hold a match. Has cost us dearly over the past x number of years.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Yeah, crap time to hold a match. Has cost us dearly over the past x number of years.
    You are not wrong it is a totally crap time for a game to be played and we have had the majority over the last few years.
    We should be exempt for ever from Sunday arvo's, look at the sqealing Collingwood did when they copped just one game in the time slot.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

12. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how the VFL fixture will work now. Last year we got a few chances to watch Footscray games before the seniors played.
    I hope our VFL fixture helps us get to a lot of Footscray games rather than having them playing at roughly the same time.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    You are not wrong it is a totally crap time for a game to be played and we have had the majority over the last few years.
    We should be exempt for ever from Sunday arvo's, look at the sqealing Collingwood did when they copped just one game in the time slot.
    That was both disgusting and beautiful.

15. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder how the VFL fixture will work now. Last year we got a few chances to watch Footscray games before the seniors played.
    I hope our VFL fixture helps us get to a lot of Footscray games rather than having them playing at roughly the same time.
    Yes good point GVG. Not sure when the VFL draw comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That was both disgusting and beautiful.
    Thank's jeemak your post made me chuckle, i just re-read my original post and I have to admit I am not the best with spelling or grammar and at the best of times.
    I will use a poor education, spending the day working on BAS, next years itineraries and spending the week with 40 Italians as an excuse.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    If crowds are down and the weather is ok at 4:40pm on Sunday imagine if its raining, our team aren't doing well and we play Sunday 4:40pm - it's bad for everyone then. So happy the AFL have listened a bit and given us lots of Saturday games which I much prefer over Sunday although eariler Sunday games are ok.

Post Thanks / Like

How many home games will our Footscray VFL side play at WO next year. I believe we are playing a bit more there.