Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Fixture - What do we want for the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The anomaly here is Carlton getting 6 friday night games.....we've had more success than them for the last decade.
    Agree it doesn't make sense. What's the logic in that.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The AFL has given us no chance. The fixture is an absolute disgrace. Give our draw to Colingwood for the next decade and we will see how big they are then. Can't even comprehend how bad it is.

- 6 of our first 7 games are on Pay TV
    - 5 of our fist 6 home games are against interstate teams
    - zero Friday night games
    - zero Thursday night games
    - 14 games on Pay TV
    - 5 prime time games
    - 3 prime time games on Seven

How do you build a brand?

How do you get atmosphere at your games?

Why should we bother to get reserved seats when we will be playing in empty stadiums?

Why would you sponsor the club?
    I seem to recall Eddie having the biggest whinge about being given a sunday twilight slot against Port this season. Amusing. The AFL will have egg on its face in 10-20 years. Fans will turn off when you have the same clubs at the top over and over and over and over.....the A-League is getting stronger

Post Thanks / Like

The only way we will find ourselves in prime time slots and with regular TV exposure is through finishing top four.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

What is Carlton's membership? Maybe that's their logic.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the concerns of no Friday night games more about what our fans want or what it could bring in via sponsorship etc?

I'd like us to have a Friday night game or two but Saturday nights work for me as well. Once our supporters get as passionate about attending games and as soon as our team starts a few 3 game winning streaks each year we will get added back into it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The only way we will find ourselves in prime time slots and with regular TV exposure is through finishing top four.
    But that shouldn't be the litmus test. Every club regardless of ladder position should at least play once on that prime time Friday night timeslot. From what I can remember of Friday night last year there were a lot of one sided games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Likes GVGjr, Bulldog Joe, Greystache, Go_Dogs, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    But that shouldn't be the litmus test. Every club regardless of ladder position should at least play once on that prime time Friday night timeslot. From what I can remember of Friday night last year there were a lot of one sided games.
    Absolutely. There were plenty of friday night beltings. 23 friday night games should allow all teams at least 1 shot at it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    It shouldn't be but it is (for us). Reality is we are a very poor club in terms of attracting decent crowds while we're an average side. Melbourne are AFL's love child and without looking at the stats I'd say St. Kilda still average higher crowds than us.

It's not fair, but that's why it's called a fixture and not a draw.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It shouldn't be but it is (for us). Reality is we are a very poor club in terms of attracting decent crowds while we're an average side. Melbourne are AFL's love child and without looking at the stats I'd say St. Kilda still average higher crowds than us.

It's not fair, but that's why it's called a fixture and not a draw.
    They averaged 27k to our 24k this season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Are the concerns of no Friday night games more about what our fans want or what it could bring in via sponsorship etc?

I'd like us to have a Friday night game or two but Saturday nights work for me as well. Once our supporters get as passionate about attending games and as soon as our team starts a few 3 game winning streaks each year we will get added back into it.
    For me personally a Saturday afternoon game suits best or early Sunday.

It's about getting some decent exposure though. The gap widens every year this happens and we're left playing catch up.

Post Thanks / Like

But if we did play on Friday night there is a very good chance we would pull in a decent crowd say if we were playing a Victorian team.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. There were plenty of friday night beltings. 23 friday night games should allow all teams at least 1 shot at it
    46 have gone through without drawing one. Maybe if we finish on top we'll play Brisbane at the Gabba.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs v Swans in Sydney. Excellent.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They averaged 27k to our 24k this season.
    Shows how fixed the AFL is.

My point is that we don't have much of a leg to stand on, other than to point at Melbourne/St. Kilda and ask why they get privileges over us. It's a fair question, but our performances and our crowd attendances will always be highlighted. I'd bank my house on us being aggressive re: not so many Sunday games, so this is likely the AFL's idea of 'satisfying' us by adding more time friendly Saturday matches.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

The anomaly here is Carlton getting 6 friday night games.....we've had more success than them for the last decade.
    It's an anomaly if you only read the last line.

Carlton are a club with a large traditional following. We're a club that gets mid 30's to games when we're flying. This is also one of the reasons PG tore apart the cheer squad. We literally look like shit on TV.