Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Fixture - What do we want for the Bulldogs

What do WOOFers think of this:

Ex-Western Bulldogs and Richmond Coach Terry Wallace has suggested the AFL be the bigger person & move the Bulldogs vs. Fremantle game at Etihad Stadium to Whitten Oval and make way for the A-League Grand Final (Should Melbourne Victory or City Make it)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Bulldog4life, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly no problems from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Generally happy with the fixture, its a hard first 3 weeks. WCE are generally up and about at the start of the season. Richmond then Hawks. We could be sitting 0 and 3. A good result would to be win one of those games. I think we have an element of surprise early next year. New coach, altered gameplan, difficult for other teams to plan against.

I think there is scope for every team to have 1 Friday night game. I understand however that the AFL has to capitalise on exposure, this is a business after all.

Post Thanks / Like

No from me despite the heart wanting it
    It's not an AFL standard venue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No from me despite the heart wanting it
    It's not an AFL standard venue.
    Yes that is the issue

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes that is the issue
    I wonder what the minimum requirement for a one off effort would be?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing is Skilled available?

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost the email I got from the club a while back. But from memory it was public toilets, food and drink stadiums, fencing, car parking, scoreboards, coaches box as per the coaches assoc minimum std, technology to the boxes, then rooms big enough as per the players assoc stds, showers etc to the rooms as required, interchange as per requirements, technology set up for sirens eye (now videos too), security, ground condition, there were so many it wasn't funny. I don't think unless it's where they want games (ie Darwin, Cairns etc) they won't allow the minimum conditions waived. So you're earlier post was apt, the old gal just ain't up to it yet.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I see we get screwed again. Don't even care anymore about equalisation as its never going to happen.

Thank you AFL
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Having said all of that stuff about "AFL standard" grounds, are Darwin, Cairns and Alice Springs' grounds considered "AFL standard" by the same criteria?

With the WO upgraded, we could accommodate a decent crowd.

All this aside, a Melbourne team would have to win the right to host a GF, so it's far from a certainty. Beyond that, if it did happen, would it not be an opportunity to start the Ballarat alignment off with a bang? Their stadium is good enough to fit as many patrons as the Cairns or Darwin grounds...

Being the first club to take AFL to Ballarat would be a decent claim to fame..

Post Thanks / Like

Well once again we have failed to acquire a friday night game, yet I find that I'm am quite happy with the fixture for next year.
    In reality equalization isn't going to turn the most aweful fixture of what we had this year to one that is equal to or better than what a team like Collingwood gets. Football is a buisness and at the moment we just can't achieve the same revenue that the bigger clubs can. With a better fixture we may eventually, but that isnt going to happen within a year so I see this as a step forward towards equalization. Let's just be happy we only have to turn up to a hollow Etihad Stadium on a freezing Melbourne Sunday afternoon only twice next year

Post Thanks / Like

Better fixture without the dreaded 4:40 Sunday games.

I don't care about us not getting Friday night games so much but I hate watching Carlton and Richmond all the bloody time. I wish they would mix it up a bit more. I hope both teams are crap and it backfires horribly but their fans will turn up anyway!

I agree that the league should put the integrity of the draw above TV rights but that horse has bolted. We need to play attractive footy and under Macca that was not happening so hopefully our next coach will encourage a more instinctual, attacking style and win or lose we will at least be good to watch. Many of our games in the last year or two have been plain old boring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    But that shouldn't be the litmus test. Every club regardless of ladder position should at least play once on that prime time Friday night timeslot. From what I can remember of Friday night last year there were a lot of one sided games.
    You're right Easty. Last seasons Friday night games were a disaster a lot of times. Friday night should be shared around a bit.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't think unless it's where they want games (ie Darwin, Cairns etc) they won't allow the minimum conditions waived.
    I think Cairns would be pretty close to WO. Food & drink were mobile vans and car parking was mainly in local streets (same as for the local show). Toilets were there but a bit light on. Rooms a bit small. Fencing, scoreboard, ground & security fine
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It is not until round 14 that we have a home game against a team that will draw a crowd, and then not until round 17.

Our Home Games to Round 17:

Round 1 Eagles
    Round 4 Crows
    Round 6 Saints
    Round 7 Dockers
    Round 9 Giants
    Round 12 Lions
    Round 14 Blues
    Round 15 Suns (@ Cazaly Stadium)
    Round 17 Magpies
    Reckon ROund 9 will be a sell out.........the GWS Retirement Club versus the Up and Coming pups