Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade to Gold Coast?

Blimey, Collingwood looking at 400 grand for compo !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Eddit was explaning that this morning, with the salary cap on football departments some compo is needed. Was Eade on > $400k a year at the pies though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    What aright pack of tossers, would give any future assistant mind to take notice and reconsider signing with them.
    If they rate Eade that much give him the senior job because the bloke they have is a prize spud.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

How on earth is a football director on 400 gorillas a year?
    Collingwood down to about 400 hangers on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Eddit was explaning that this morning, with the salary cap on football departments some compo is needed. Was Eade on > $400k a year at the pies though
    Quoted on AW last night .
    Great gig if true

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Eddie is right to ask for compensation for losing a contracted senior member of his footy department?
    I don't for one minute think they will get what he is asking for but I think they deserve something.

Player and footy administrators want the security that contracts provide them and fight hard for it but they also appear to be able to want to break it when it suits them.

I was under the impression that years back most aspiring coaches had a get out of contract clause if they were offered a senior coaching position. Perhaps there needs to be better definitions within the contracts rather than just 3 years at a certain sum of money
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. They are losing a contracted employee so they are entitled to compensation.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I was under the impression that years back most aspiring coaches had a get out of contract clause if they were offered a senior coaching position. Perhaps there needs to be better definitions within the contracts rather than just 3 years at a certain sum of money
    I think this clause would normally be in the contract, but because Rockets role has "Football Manager/Director" they structured so that he was not an assistant but instead a similar level to a coach, thus negating the need to have a "promotion get out clause" as such.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket is a terrific match-day coach and also underrated with his off-field promotional work. He will do well at GC.

I think the 'no premiership' stat is a red herring when it comes to Rocket - Sydney and the Dogs were never the best teams in terms of pure talent in any of the years that he was coach. I would say that his talents and tactical acumen as a senior coach extracted absolute maximum performance out of the teams he coached, and that they were simply not quite good enough to win a premiership in any given year.

The improvement he got out of a bunch of players at the crossroads when he took over in 2004 speaks volumes for his ability to get the best out of his players - our best 6 players in the early 2000's were Grant, Darcy, Smith, West, Johnno and Nathan Brown, and of that group only Johnno played any meaningful role during the Rocket years. What he did to get the optimum output out of the likes of Cross, Boyd, Hargrave, Hahn, Gilbee, Murphy, Gia, Lake, etc.. when all of them were at the crossroads as AFL players at the end of 2004 is testament to Rocket's motivational ability. It's too easy to say in hindsight that this group had the talent - Rocket nurtured their talent and got the best out of them.

I wish him well - he is a good football person and a great bloke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yes. They are losing a contracted employee so they are entitled to compensation.
    Port Adelaide got $20,000 when Richardson left Port according to the HUN.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Port Adelaide got $20,000 when Richardson left Port according to the HUN.
    That will do for Collingwood as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are they suggesting this compensation should come from? Surely if they are serious about this, it should be payable by Rocket himself, since he is the one who has broken the contract. It's not like there is a Contract Fairy who can leave 400 grand under Eddie's pillow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Where are they suggesting this compensation should come from? Surely if they are serious about this, it should be payable by Rocket himself, since he is the one who has broken the contract. It's not like there is a Contract Fairy who can leave 400 grand under Eddie's pillow.
    I would have thought it would have to come from GC, which would he fair enough.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

3rd round draft pick.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    3rd round draft pick.
    Which they'd immediately on trade for some fringe player from another club!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships