Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    You mean Wally?
    Yes and don't forget arch enemy Eddie Haskell.

Post Thanks / Like

Give me 22 games next year please

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Boss in action

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Everything you say is a reflection of yourself. Obviously you suspect you are a beaver cleaver and you come from a long line of beaver cleavers. Yet you are enhanced by also being Theodore Footscary.
    I like Existentialism and therefore agree with you BIDS.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I went along to training yesterday, a few notes.

Coach not really involved, just watched from the middle.

Biggs looks to have a very definite role. In all the match play drills he was a regular go to kicker and he used it nicely. Not sure I can see him winning a lot of his own ball based on what I saw.

Bonti stood out as being noticeably fitter than the other players. He racked up touches because he could get to more places than the others.

Roberts has lost noticeable size on his right arm post surgery. He'll need to do a massive amount of work over the summer.

Macrae just knocks up getting the ball. It seems to find him no matter where he is, it's pretty amazing.

Boyd still doing work on the bike and didn't get involved.

Pearce, Greenwood, and Goodes all there. The coaches regularly highlight things Goodes does to other players, and ask him to provide feedback to what a player did wrong during a drill and why. He looks like a playing coach.

No Z Cordy, but Ayce still looks like the work experience kid that they've let train with the players.

The coaching staff regularly ride Stringer to push himself and work harder. He gets singled out quite a bit.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

7. Likes Mantis, Mofra, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the handball games they played 'stache?

I think the groups are divided into two so I only had time to see the game involving the first group but I thought Libba monstered it. He'd just run up the ground with the ball and nobody could stop him. Smith stood at one end and critiqued them at the end of each play and yelled plenty of encouragement as well. Joel Corey was at the other end. The coach stood on the boundary and and made a few points about positioning and then talked to Tom Boyd ( I think it was Boyd) for a while.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did TD. It was mainly that game I was referring to with regard to Bonti and Macrae.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I did TD. It was mainly that game I was referring to with regard to Bonti and Macrae.

You may have seen the one after the one I saw. They were just starting off as I left. Bonti and Macrae didn't play in the one I saw. Libba, Greenwood, Hunter, Minson, Redpath (?), Jong, and half a dozen others
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Really good read, cheers for that guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Bonti stood out as being noticeably fitter than the other players. He racked up touches because he could get to more places than the others.
    Love this bit, ridiculous to think this kid hasn't even turned 19 yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggies ftw View Post
    Really good read, cheers for that guys!

Love this bit, ridiculous to think this kid hasn't even turned 19 yet!
    Turns 19 tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Greystache.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone get to Open Training yesterday?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I went down.

Saw Monti, so he is back up and about. Other ccoaches were Smith, Gia, Corey, King, Maple and Hansen. Look a good team of coaches? Giving plenty of direction.

Boyd was doing some running with TC, with TC always setting the pace and Boyd labouring a bit. Would have liked to see Boyd with a bit more mongel trying to beat TC but quite happy to always finish a couple of strides behind. Both didn't take part in any drills.

Honey and Clay doing hand ball work, don't know why Honey is not training with the main group?

They did some forward entry drills, Bont just makes the right decision every time and hits his targets. Rough, Talia and Fletcher out there all looking good.

Z Cordy was out there for the first half of drills and really looked like he fit in well, was really digging in and certainly didn't look out of his depth. Ayce on the other hand still looks like Gumby. Big Red really putting in, looks to have lightened off his frame a little bit and moving a bit better.

Hand ball game looks a good drill, only saw one group Jongy was basically unstoppable, really think he will make a name for shelf this year, although did see some absolute shanks I'm some of his drills.

Goal kicking drill at the end whereby the whole team basically sledge the bloke coming in to kick for goal. Stringer referred to as father of the year on more than one occasion!

17. Likes Drunken Bum, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that MCL.

Good to hear some positive mentions for the likes of Roughy, Talia, Roberts, Redpath and Jong. All pretty important players if they can play well.

What days/times is training next week? I plan to head down to one.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Yeh I went down.

Saw Monti, so he is back up and about. Other ccoaches were Smith, Gia, Corey, King, Maple and Hansen. Look a good team of coaches? Giving plenty of direction.

Boyd was doing some running with TC, with TC always setting the pace and Boyd labouring a bit. Would have liked to see Boyd with a bit more mongel trying to beat TC but quite happy to always finish a couple of strides behind. Both didn't take part in any drills.

Honey and Clay doing hand ball work, don't know why Honey is not training with the main group?

They did some forward entry drills, Bont just makes the right decision every time and hits his targets. Rough, Talia and Fletcher out there all looking good.

Z Cordy was out there for the first half of drills and really looked like he fit in well, was really digging in and certainly didn't look out of his depth. Ayce on the other hand still looks like Gumby. Big Red really putting in, looks to have lightened off his frame a little bit and moving a bit better.

Hand ball game looks a good drill, only saw one group Jongy was basically unstoppable, really think he will make a name for shelf this year, although did see some absolute shanks I'm some of his drills.

Goal kicking drill at the end whereby the whole team basically sledge the bloke coming in to kick for goal. Stringer referred to as father of the year on more than one occasion!
    Cheers mate appreciate it, how did Talias disposal look? Seems to be improving quite a bit.

Did you see Wallis, someone on BF has said he apparently rehurt his foot which has me a little worried, can anyone here confirm or deny that?