Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaine as good as Scarlett !!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaine as good as Scarlett !!!!!!!!!!!

Took them long enough to repeat my posts from over 12 months ago. I wouldn't play him as a KPP like Scarlett though. I like his running ability too much to not use him, and he's very good by foot on in my opinion. Not many bandwagon spots left for the official WOOF thread, get on while you can. (In-Zaine in the Brian)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody oath!! I like the sound of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Took them long enough to repeat my posts from over 12 months ago. I wouldn't play him as a KPP like Scarlett though. I like his running ability too much to not use him, and he's very good by foot on in my opinion. Not many bandwagon spots left for the official WOOF thread, get on while you can. (In-Zaine in the Brian)
    Kudos to you BT - you built the bandwagon yourself. I'm interested in seeing him play, he looks like he can become a reliable player over a long period of time and he's got a nice size about him - a different structure to Ayce.
    W00F!

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very unlike Michael Turner to talk up a Falcons player!

7. Likes Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Very unlike Michael Turner to talk up a Falcons player!
    Yes, according to Mick those Falcons are often Brownlow prospects

That said I've been assured lately by those more in the know that Zaine is a good prospect

Post Thanks / Like

Heard good things re. Zaine
    Turner does pump up his chargers .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Kudos to you BT - you built the bandwagon yourself. I'm interested in seeing him play, he looks like he can become a reliable player over a long period of time and he's got a nice size about him - a different structure to Ayce.
    I'm not too sure why the bandwagon is only getting slow traction, but I'm happy to have kicked it off 14 months ago. To keep some mystique as to who, but someone that used to be on the AFL WB coaching panel for 2014 and no longer with us talked him up big time and said we would've used 26 to secure him. Make no mistake, I do silly threads, but a few serious ones too. My Zaine love is a serious one.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm not too sure why the bandwagon is only getting slow traction, but I'm happy to have kicked it off 14 months ago. To keep some mystique as to who, but someone that used to be on the AFL WB coaching panel for 2014 and no longer with us talked him up big time and said we would've used 26 to secure him. Make no mistake, I do silly threads, but a few serious ones too. My Zaine love is a serious one.
    I thought all your threads were serious BT. I'm shattered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I thought all your threads were serious BT. I'm shattered.
    Sorry, to let you down. I started the 'best' Steven Seagal move thread, despite several attempts of pointing out it was silly the posts still kept coming in...

Post Thanks / Like

Bandwagon might be filling slowly because of the impressions his brother has left on us all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FootscrayFan View Post
    Bandwagon might be filling slowly because of the impressions his brother has left on us all
    Maybe, but he's nothing like Ayce (other than in surname) and I hope we can get passed judging Zaine for Ayce's treacle like career. Watching him close enough for 2 years has me enthusiastic about what he can be as a player.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're right. I'm really looking forward to watching all the young guys next year. Will be a different looking backline with no Higgins, cooney sometimes and the list clogger Austin. Zaine and Briggs hopefully slot straight in on flanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FootscrayFan View Post
    I hope you're right. I'm really looking forward to watching all the young guys next year. Will be a different looking backline with no Higgins, cooney sometimes and the list clogger Austin. Zaine and Briggs hopefully slot straight in on flanks
    Exciting times, Zaine, Biggs, Darley with Roberts and Talia needing to step up. Morris & Bob leading the way. JJ running. I'd move Redpath back and Roughy forward too. Sink or swim stuff, but exciting to see who grabs the opportunity to be a footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Zaine makes it, he's got great characteristics to round out our back six.

Turner is leading with the chin on this one, as he often does, and I'm looking forward to the next two or three years to see how Zaine pans out.