Likes Likes:  48
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Bailey Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    He remains unsigned doesn't he ?
    Negotiations under way
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Doc26, Topdog, Eastdog, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has to be re-signed . Another big improver

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see Bailey playing CHF the way Bob Murphy did in the mid noughties. There is a little bit of Murph in the way Bailey moves and his vision, he spots targets so quickly that when his muscle memory kicks in he will be a weapon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs poised to re-sign in-form wingman

THE WESTERN Bulldogs look set to secure in-form wingman Bailey Dale, with coach Luke Beveridge saying he was close to re-signing with the premiers.

It's been a breakout season for Dale, 20, with his speed, sound foot skills and nose for a goal complementing the Dogs' array of inside midfielders.

In 11 games this season, the Edithvale-Aspendale product has averaged 18 disposals and kicked 10 goals.

Asked where Dale's contract negotiations were at after the he slotted a career-best three goals in the win over Gold Coast in Cairns, coach Luke Beveridge said a deal wasn't far away.

"We're talking to Bailey's management, and we have been for a while, so hopefully an agreement is imminent," Beveridge said post-match.

"It's not too far away, and it will be another exciting announcement once we agree to terms with him.

"He's got a sound future."

Dale told AFL.com.au back in June he has no intention of leaving Whitten Oval, and wanted to build on three solid years of development.

Taken with pick 45 in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft, Dale has played 27 games since his debut in round seven, 2015.

"You wait for your opportunity and you've got to prove yourself at the level," Dale said.

"I feel like I've been patient, I know where I'm at (as a player) and I know I'm probably not going to hold my spot every single week.

"Hopefully I can stay at the Dogs for as long as I can because this is where I want to be."

If the deal is completed, Dale will join Easton Wood, Jason Johannisen, Lewis Young, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams and Tim English as key players to recommit to the club in 2017
    LINK
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

7. Thanks hujsh, Twodogs, Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turned 21 yesterday, Bevo said they all wished him a happy 13th Birthday

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Turned 21 yesterday, Bevo said they all wished him a happy 13th Birthday

Is 21 still a big thing? It's about the only birthday I've celebrated and that was only because mum insisted on it. We don't really do birthdays. Even my son hasn't been interested since he was a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale taking nothing for granted

Bailey Dale is taking nothing for granted as he prepares for his fourth season of AFL football in 2018.

Dale established himself as a regular member of the senior side during the second half of last season, playing 16 games after just four in 2016.

The wingman’s four-goal haul against Port Adelaide in round 22 showed the football world what he is capable of, but Dale says his spot in the Bulldogs’ 22 for their opening round match against GWS on March 25 is far from assured.

“I’ll really look to cement my spot this year in the 22,” Dale told westernbulldogs.com.au at the club’s Sunshine Coast training camp.

“Obviously there’s a bit of pre-season to go and JLT games to go (but) I’ll try to put my best foot forward and try to cement my spot.”

Since being drafted in 2014, the 21-year-old expects that the lessons he has learned in his 30 senior games will hold him in good stead.

“I’d like to play as much on the wing as possible,” said Dale.
    “I’ll really try to build my tank and get forward and kick a few goals as well.”

Dale said the trip to the Sunshine Coast for the Bulldogs’ training camp has provided a new opportunity for the playing group to build and maintain bonds.

“For the morale of the group it’s been good.
    “We all get around each other and encourage each other to keep going. We’re all feeling the same pain.

“There are a lot of chances to bond as a team and I think a lot of the boys are doing that.”

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Dale becoming a very important player this year especially on a HFF . We need him to kick goals consistently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can see Dale becoming a very important player this year especially on a HFF . We need him to kick goals consistently.
    He's versatile, uses the ball well and moves smartly inside F50.

Lot to like about Dale and if he can become a 20+ disposal player he's going to be an important piece for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

His game against Port late in the season was an absolute standout performance. One of the classiest players on our list.

14. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really important that we continue to develop the next wave of players and Bailey Dale should be right in that mix.
    He's got the skills and pace to become a very good player and while I might be impatient he needs to take another step forward this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's really important that we continue to develop the next wave of players and Bailey Dale should be right in that mix.
    He's got the skills and pace to become a very good player and while I might be impatient he needs to take another step forward this year.

Its the way he used the ball that I love. He can spot players up in a the forward line that you don't even see.

Post Thanks / Like

Few games to go before this season is over, finals or not, I’d like to think we’re making a move on securing Dale and sooner rather than later, this last half of the season he has been invaluable, a must have signature.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Few games to go before this season is over, finals or not, I’d like to think we’re making a move on securing Dale and sooner rather than later, this last half of the season he has been invaluable, a must have signature.
    A media report last week said we are well underway of re-contracting him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of nowhere Dale has provided us with another option up forward. Strong overhead, reasonably quick off the mark and some footy smarts makes him a dangerous foil for Naughton, allowing Naughton to play higher up the ground.

Over the last four weeks he has been relatively consistent (slight drop off against the Lions) but with returns of 5,4, 1 & 3 he is becoming an integral part of our forward structure. Seems to be an accurate kick as well (though he missed two getable ones last night).

I am pleased that he has come back into the team and found a role he can play. There was huge doubt about him particularly mid this year after 3 poor games. However this seemed to be a different role then the one he is playing now.

21. Likes GVGjr, bulldogtragic liked this post