Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  118
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Caleb Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Not only are his stat numbers amazing, but they show a guy working hard in all the segments of the ground, both inside & outside, running with the ball, running to space, doing it inside and outside, tackling hard and getting his own footy. You can't do too much more than this to win a rising star (other than play for a minnow interstate club that needs the press).
    On SEN crunch time yesterday, they were talking about the rising star yesterday and some of them made the insulting comparison of Caleb Daniel to Lewis Taylor. Apart from stature, they are poles apart as players - such a lazy comparison. Daniel is so much more damaging with his decision-making and disposal than Taylor ever was even in his RS year.

Weitering is a gun and wouldn't be out of place as the RS this year (Callum Mills too), but Caleb has been elite virtually the entire season and his numbers stack up any way you look at it. Has to be in the frame.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought St KILDA really went after him on Saturday. Hammered him in the tackle at every opportunity. They knew how damaging he can be.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    On SEN crunch time yesterday, they were talking about the rising star yesterday and some of them made the insulting comparison of Caleb Daniel to Lewis Taylor. Apart from stature, they are poles apart as players - such a lazy comparison. Daniel is so much more damaging with his decision-making and disposal than Taylor ever was even in his RS year.

Weitering is a gun and wouldn't be out of place as the RS this year (Callum Mills too), but Caleb has been elite virtually the entire season and his numbers stack up any way you look at it. Has to be in the frame.
    Hence why I am shying away from all footy media, unless it's posted here. Being an ignorant dipshit, facilitating rumours and providing inane useless stats are the cornerstone of the industry. If they can't see his numbers and recognise he can do no more than be ranked #1 in many categories, and top 10 in the rest of the categories then they're taking the piss or have sub 50 IQs, or both. Comparing him to Taylor probably confirms both.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I thought St KILDA really went after him on Saturday. Hammered him in the tackle at every opportunity. They knew how damaging he can be.
    Caleb was our leading contested possession winner mid against the saints with 10.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Caleb was our leading contested possession winner mid against the saints with 10.
    I felt for him in the last quarter (I think it was) when he was given a hospital handball and he just stood there, took the massive hit and held onto the ball for a ball up. I was really impressed by that. He didn't squib in the slightest, nor try to avoid the hit and risk the ball getting loose, not allow the ball loose and then stood up like he wasn't phased by the hit (or the god awful handball that put him into the situation). He probably doesn't get a stat for any of it, but I wished others with far more experience did it all the time too. Great stuff.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 25-07-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes hujsh, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just fantastic

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

50 games coming up this week.

What a terrific pickup he has been to date, love his poise and decision making. May he go on to play many more games in the RWB.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Caleb on the first 50.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for him to get stronger and fitter. He'll be unbelievably good after a couple more preseasons.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Congrats Caleb on the first 50.
    Wow that was quick wasn't it.

Has been fantastic addition, but would like to see him not trying to take the most difficult option all the time as he turns the ball over more often when he does that.

Looking forward to seeing his next 50

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, great drafting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

Has been fantastic addition, but would like to see him not trying to take the most difficult option all the time as he turns the ball over more often when he does that.

Can't say it's something I've really noticed. I always thought one of his strengths is holding onto the ball that little bit longer to make sure he takes the best option.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Can't say it's something I've really noticed. I always thought one of his strengths is holding onto the ball that little bit longer to make sure he takes the best option.
    He's very quick to dispose of it once he chooses to, probably to do with his height and distance between hand and foot. Helps him to get it off when he's under pressure
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

I'm willing to wear the odd howler from the likes of Daniel & Suckling when they are trying to create something out of nothing with a speculative kick, because they have the skills to pull it off more often than not. What I don't want to see is those with limited foot skills like Dahlhaus or MBoyd trying the same thing.

17. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On Twitter... @WhateleySEN

Blight: "Caleb Daniel is a beautiful kick and a good decision maker. One of the problems is you need to (compete) in the air occasionally.

"I played with a guy called Barry Cable... he actually practiced his jumping. If I was Caleb Daniel, I'd be out there practicing."

9:37 AM ยท Jun 3, 2021

Incivise Blighty...!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."