Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  118
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Caleb Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Daniel was playing on Buckley at one stage, and I said to my mate "Its Frodo vs Gimli"
    1436022493673.jpg

Reckon you're right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. From the moment he started in the second half our purpose and intensity lifted in large part from his workrate and his unselfishness to bring others into the play.
    I liked his game - does it reflect we really miss a high-pressure small in the front half of the ground who uses the ball well?

Obviously Caleb's debut was remarkable (14 touches and a goal in his first half of football!) but perhaps it's a sign for the MC that at least one of Hrovat, Honeychurch or Caleb should start every game from now on?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I liked his game - does it reflect we really miss a high-pressure small in the front half of the ground who uses the ball well?

Obviously Caleb's debut was remarkable (14 touches and a goal in his first half of football!) but perhaps it's a sign for the MC that at least one of Hrovat, Honeychurch or Caleb should start every game from now on?

With Tom Boyd in the goal square.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you get rising star after half a game ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Must admit I was quite surprised at how short he actually is when he ran out with the team at the start. Can't begin to imagine the shit he's copped throughout his footy career so far.

When the opposition lined up on him you could almost sense they didn't know how to approach him in terms of physicality. Normally they try to intimidate the new young bloke but with Caleb I felt they kind of held back as it would look pretty weak if they started knocking him around. If he keeps playing like he did, opposition players won't have any second thoughts in future.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Good summary AR. Next week will be interesting to see how he backs up and how much attention Gold Coast pay him physically and actually manning him up.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

For once you and I are on the same page!
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Good summary AR. Next week will be interesting to see how he backs up and how much attention Gold Coast pay him physically and actually manning him up.
    They won't be able to man him up. He'll just hide behind Sam Day or Dan Gorringe at every stoppage.

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Must admit I was quite surprised at how short he actually is when he ran out with the team at the start. Can't begin to imagine the shit he's copped throughout his footy career so far.

When the opposition lined up on him you could almost sense they didn't know how to approach him in terms of physicality. Normally they try to intimidate the new young bloke but with Caleb I felt they kind of held back as it would look pretty weak if they started knocking him around. If he keeps playing like he did, opposition players won't have any second thoughts in future.
    Humans don't naturally look up or down. They look straight ahead. Well, that's what I tell my kids when I step on them, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. From the moment he started in the second half our purpose and intensity lifted in large part from his workrate and his unselfishness to bring others into the play.
    An excellent debut and a master stroke in recruitment. Provided the necessary spark to lift our performance in the second half to victory.Looked totally at home at senior level.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Libba was 4 cm shorter.

Early in his career the team were playing West Coast and Worsfold was barking instructions and asking players to pick up there men. He saw Libba and said and someone stomp on that cockroach.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

And every bruise will be a badge of honour. They wouldn't bother if he didn't make them look silly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tony Libba was 4 cm shorter.

Early in his career the team were playing West Coast and Worsfold was barking instructions and asking players to pick up there men. He saw Libba and said and someone stomp on that cockroach.
    I think Dwayne Lamb said something like pick up the dwarf to one of his teammates .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I think Dwayne Lamb said something like pick up the dwarf to one of his teammates .

Who's got the effing dwarf? was the quote I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Who's got the effing dwarf? was the quote I think.
    I think that was it Twodogs