Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  118
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WBFC - Caleb Daniel

I’m surprised we don’t play him more om the wing
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Interested to hear the thoughts of others of where our Mr Fixit best fits in next season for us?
    This year he played a bit of everywhere, back line, midfield and forward and he did well when he had an extended run when Treloar missed a few weeks for us.
    From a midfield perspective, we've brought in Harmes, we will be hoping for some improvement in Macrae and we need to find some addition minutes for Baz Smith. Then there is potentially Ryley Sanders looking to soak up any opportunities in the middle. We also have our A Graders in Bont, Treloar and Liberatore.
    In the back line in terms of smaller defenders we have seen the re-emergence of JJ, have kept Duryea on the list and have Vandermeer and maybe Gallagher in the mix.
    In the forward line we are cramped again with a host of smaller forward options mainly Weightman, A.Jones, West, Clarke and maybe Garcia all fighting for the smaller forward opportunities.

So is Caleb Daniel resigned to playing mainly off the interchange bench for us or will he lock down a spot of his own in 2024?
    Are you trying to be a bit of a shock jock G and generate clicks?

Daniel finished 4th in our most recent B&F and a few votes shy of 3rd. He is well ahead of most players you mentioned.

For his footy smarts alone he should be in our starting 18, which from the outside looking in our collective footy IQ isn't great.

For mine he is our extra at the stoppage to take the handball receive and use his kicking skills to advantage.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes Mofra, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Daniel finished 4th in our most recent B&F and a few votes shy of 3rd. He is well ahead of most players you mentioned.

For his footy smarts alone he should be in our starting 18, which from the outside looking in our collective footy IQ isn't great.

For mine he is our extra at the stoppage to take the handball receive and use his kicking skills to advantage.
    Just a bit surprised the question posed is coming across like that. Daniel is a clear leader at the club and he's been shuffled around more than anyone and now with some additional competition for spots I wonder if he is going to lock down a specific spot for us going forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Nobody takes note of B&F finishes. Take a look at JJ, he apparently went into his shell for years after 2016........got spooked by a few weeks of tagging and was never the same.

Caleb needs to be the second kick out of defence, and an option for a receive for the next kick between the arcs. If that means he is a half forward rolling up super high to get into that position or a low defender running forward, that's the role in which his kicking can most open up the game. It's the position in which he has been most productive. We need to stop faffing about with him and let him play his best role.

He's absolutely no use to us trying to get it into the forward line with precise kicking if we're moving the ball slowly from defence in the first place.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes azabob liked this post