Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

Three Things I've Learned: 2014 Season

This is the season wrap up of the three things I've learned for season 2014. Nothing wrong with criticism if it's constructive. But it's capped to three, you decide if they are positives or negatives or both.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three Things I've Learned: 2014 Season

1. In the devastating departure of RG ashes rose the Phoenix of Tom Boyd. I've learned if you hope hard enough dreams of catching a quality KPF in a trade can come true.

2. We are a fair way off, but on raw potential, I'd be buying ours stocks now.

3. Despite some very poor onfield and off field stuff. Ive learned and relearned joys and heritage of the FFC/WBFC with the QF at WO, a winning pre-lim and the rocking premiership win. And go into another pre season with optimism as we must and a NAB game home too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. October shall now be called " shocktober"
    2. Ryan Griffin is a liar
    3. One step back five steps forward

Post Thanks / Like

1. In hindsight, Macca should never have been made head coach, or at least not without a senior overseeing him.

2. Peter Gordon is still ruthless when it comes to coaches.

3. we have a long way to go with 10 players and over 800 games of experience out the door.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1 - We have 2, possibly 3 future elite players in the compeition, I'm talking top 5/10 players in the comp elite. Bonti, Stringer and possibly Macrae if he keeps the rapid improvement.

2 - Griffin can go and get...

3 - Have I mentioned Bonti yet? If not, Bonti.

Post Thanks / Like

I probably already knew these, but they were reinforced this year.

1. I invest a huge amount of emotion (some would argue far too much) into my football. I felt like I was grieving for a dead relative when the captain and coach departed within days of each other.

2. Woof is, for the most part, a bastion of sanity in tough times. I don't know how I would have made it through Shocktober without all the discussion here.

3. You always need hope. Thank God for the likes of Stringer, Bonti, Macrae and the FFC premiership.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

7. Likes bulldogtragic, Murphy'sLore, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Never give up hope. I never, ever thought I would see Footscray win a premiership, but somehow against all logic, it finally happened in 2014.

2. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Who could have seen Shocktober coming. (And while we are at that, the official Western Bulldog website is the last place one can go to if you want the real stuff. Woof.net.au is the place to go for the real news, once you sort it from the wild rumours).

3. There are plenty of old fashioned real bulldogs left in this world. I don't think you could "Be more Bulldog" than some of the posters on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

1) Players aren't as loyal as they once were. Too easy to walk away when the chips are down or it becomes a bit hard.
    2) We have some exciting young talent on the list which is complimented by a superb VFL set-up.
    3) 2015 is all about player development and positioning ourselves for 2016.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1) You can't trust anyone. Thanks for destroying my faith in humanity, Grifter.
    2) Just how much we were disadvantaged by not having our own VFL side.
    3) Koby Stevens is a better player than I thought.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

1. Making a Grand Final and winning a flag is an even better feeling than I thought it would be. Now bring on the main meal.
    2. Our list management guys are either the luckiest or best prepared guys in the world.
    3. Your own reserves team is much better than an alignment with another club.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.