Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biggest Improver 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    From watching a couple of training sessions, Stringer and Bontimpelli for me. We will need some midfielders to step as well to cover Coons and Griff's departures. Like some other posters, I think this could comprise Hunter, Hrovat and Jong.
    Any thoughts from Woofers on Jong's kicking skills? How about his handball skills? Vision? I have watched him play a number of AFL games now but he has had insufficient possessions to leave any impression on me as to his decision making and the level of disposal skills.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I like Hrovat, he's had a decent taste now and only really teased but I think he has all the attributes to be a very good, 200 game midfielder. Class with the footy, poise and smarts, once he gets the tank to find more of the footy we're going to have a 25 possession a game, super crisp midfielder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Any thoughts from Woofers on Jong's kicking skills? How about his handball skills? Vision? I have watched him play a number of AFL games now but he has had insufficient possessions to leave any impression on me as to his decision making and the level of disposal skills.

His kicking is better and has been a lot worse.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wallis. I believe he will become a Matty Boyd with more smarts. I reckon we'll see some evidence next year that he will be our next captain.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me as on the Stringer bandwagon. He showed in the 2nd half of last year that things were starting to click. You could see the belief in himself to break tackles and beat his opponent. Think we'll see a rise in consistency and in a lot of cases, he'll just be better than his opponent.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go with JJ.

After a very promising 2013 which ended due to injury, he never quite hit his straps in 2014. He did however have some moments at senior level where he showed his talent, including the ability to break the lines and kick a goal. I think his best spot is going to end up as a midfielder rather than as a half back - but if he can have a full pre-season and add some more strength and composure, he's going to be a pretty important piece of our puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine if all of us were right. Just take a few seconds to imagine that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Maddog37, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Imagine if all of us were right. Just take a few seconds to imagine that.
    Pretty sure it's illegal to have thoughts like that....at least in Bulldogs law
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Maddog37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's OK to have those thoughts. Just not in company.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Jong - I guess I would have him playing some sort of defensive role on an opposition mid. Keep them down and get an education at the same time. Hes as big and as fast as any gun mid going around. And hopefully a number of times a game, a loose ball or handball finds its way into his mitts and he puts on the afterburners and breaks some lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Jong - I guess I would have him playing some sort of defensive role on an opposition mid. Keep them down and get an education at the same time. Hes as big and as fast as any gun mid going around. And hopefully a number of times a game, a loose ball or handball finds its way into his mitts and he puts on the afterburners and breaks some lines.
    The afterburners appear to be one of his strong suites. And he does have real afterburners, not alleged ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Jong becoming a quicker version of Brett Kirk. Whilst the latter was probably a little underrated for smarts as he improved throughout his career, his crazy intent and attack towards the football is something Jong already possesses.

Jong needs to be a player that can dig the ball out of the contest, work away from it with speed and also get his hands on it loose. His big challenge will be using the football by hand instead of by foot. While he may improve his kicking he's never going to be better than a so so user of the footy by foot. He will need to work around it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to see more from Wallis next year as jeemak mentioned. Jong has a lot of potential and I think we need to give him much more time. How do you guys see Dickson fitting into our forward structure?

Talia and Roberts I'm hoping can take some steps next year. Still great that we have experience heads down there in Murph and Morris.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I'm hoping to see more from Wallis next year as jeemak mentioned. Jong has a lot of potential and I think we need to give him much more time. How do you guys see Dickson fitting into our forward structure?

Talia and Roberts I'm hoping can take some steps next year. Still great that we have experience heads down there in Murph and Morris.
    Tricky Dicky could easily be a permanent forward next year if he can get a look in. He has his bag of offerings which includes being a reliable set shot at goal, being a good mark for his size and having the knack of being able to sneak forward of the ball unmarked. Obviously, there will be heavy competition for the two positions he plays but with the Grifter, Cooney, Higgins & Gia not being in the mix next year he could have his opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Shaun Higgins and Liam Jones.... both are training the house down.