Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ward: Griff has not settled well at Giants

Surprise surprise. Rushed deal from an arm of the AFL might go sour due to a lack of foresight and on the spot diligence! Eat it, no sympathy from my perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Ryan.

I won't be sad if his career is shortened.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely its common practice for clubs to consult players previous employers as much as required if they have a history of injuries. I'd imagine North would have contacted us once or twice about Higgins, and Carlton at the least would have enquired about the histories of Jones and Tutt.

A medical would only show so much (although GWS not bothering with one is a stupid move).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Poor Ryan.

I won't be sad if his career is shortened.
    I felt the same when Nathan Brown broke his leg.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Surely its common practice for clubs to consult players previous employers as much as required if they have a history of injuries. I'd imagine North would have contacted us once or twice about Higgins, and Carlton at the least would have enquired about the histories of Jones and Tutt.

A medical would only show so much (although GWS not bothering with one is a stupid move).
    We once drafted a player (from another club) only to find he had mental issues, which also effected his football. We were not aware of this prior to drafting and only found out after a certain phone call. The player had also not told the club.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I felt the same when Nathan Brown broke his leg.
    I think they're different propositions. Judas left for the limelight of a bigger club, money and premiership glory while with regard to Ryan all indicators point to someone battling depression.

Judas was all smiles in his maiden speech at Richmond.
    Ryan was fighting back tears at his.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think they're different propositions. Judas left for the limelight of a bigger club, money and premiership glory while with regard to Ryan all indicators point to someone battling depression.

Judas was all smiles in his maiden speech at Richmond.
    Ryan was fighting back tears at his.
    I may be different to other supporters, but all the players that left in the last couple of years I purely blame the Football department's inability to manage players. As for Brown, he purely left for the reasons you mentioned and I have no time for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I may be different to other supporters, but all the players that left in the last couple of years I purely blame the Football department's inability to manage players. As for Brown, he purely left for the reasons you mentioned and I have no time for him.
    That's a comment that suggests that players have no say in what they think or do but fair enough. There has to be other reasons outside of how the football department manages players that influences players and the decisions they make about leaving a club.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to close the thread. There is something wrong when adults are wishing ill of former great players of the club. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Send me a PM if you want me to reconsider.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post