Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs finalise 2015 leadership group

link

The Western Bulldogs have finalised their leadership group for the 2015 season, with defender Jordan Roughead named as the Club’s Vice-Captain.

The 24-year-old is joined by veterans Dale Morris and Matthew Boyd as well as midfielder Tom Liberatore in a peer-voted, coach approved five-man leadership group.

Morris and Boyd, with over 430 games of experience between them add some valuable experience to support newly appointed Captain Bob Murphy, and Liberatore enters the group as the youngest member at 22-years of age.

Senior Coach Luke Beveridge said Roughead was a standout choice to assume the vice captaincy and is held in high regard at the Club for his leadership abilities and professional behaviours.

“He’s (Roughead) a really respected young man, he’s been at the club for a number of years now,” Beveridge said.

“It’s a great sign that our younger players are progressing, they’re maturing.”

Roughead said he felt honoured to be voted in as Vice-Captain and that he was up for the challenge to help guide a motivated and talented group of players.

“I am humbled to be given the opportunity and great responsibility to support Bob to best lead my teammates back up the ladder,” Roughead said.

“With the inclusion of Matthew Boyd, Dale Morris and Tom Liberatore we feel the group represents a great mix of experience and valuable leadership capabilities.”

Roughead, recruited to the Bulldogs in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft at pick number 31, has played 72 games since debuting in 2010.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs finalise 2015 leadership group

Congratulations to Roughie, future Captain.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes The bulldog tragician, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Rough. Good to see a leader of the younger generation of players in there.

Also good to see LIbba in the leadership group - as he appears to be so well respected, and a leader in how he goes about it (dare I say somewhat of a spiritual leader).

Post Thanks / Like

Big turnaround for Libba, has worked hard and deserves it at age 22.

7. Likes azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Big turnaround for Libba, has worked hard and deserves it at age 22.
    Well said BAD.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

New moustache at the Whitten Oval. Not since Ben Hudson's beard commanded respect around the club has there been a serious replacement. Now, Roughie Mo' puts its whiskers up to take the beard's place. Is there a consensus on this latest follicle recruit? or are we divided.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think the mo looks stupid and should have been shaved off before he was put before the media representing the club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FootscrayFan View Post
    I think the mo looks stupid and should have been shaved off before he was put before the media representing the club
    I saw him on Saturday and I think he had cleaned off the mo or at least it didn't look as cheesy. I just checked the clubs website and yes he could have had a shave before the photo with Bob.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I can recall Roughead in his first season playing for Williamstown and at a quarter time break he was calmly telling one of the players that he had been in the wrong positions during the quarter. Very impressed with Roughead.

Just watching the Roughead and Murphy interview and I laughed when Murph mention that the back line was taking over the club referring it as the Mens department.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to Roughie, and Libba, for their appointments.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mo must go. Looks absurd.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

2 excellent young individuals who bleed red, white and blue in Roughy and Libba with some experience from Morris and Boyd who have been fantastic servants. Very happy with this news. I really don't put much into "leadership" groups but with guys like Roughy and Libba in their shows they're the guys next in line which I think will be a very important role in 2 - 3 years time. I thought Wallis may have been apart of it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Play Roughy forward now, I know you can (future) captain from defence. But a big guy rucking and forward as captain has the ability to lift a side.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FootscrayFan View Post
    He was just trying to turn Shocktober into MOctober.

To ease the pain for us all a little.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I really glad to see Morris and Boyd Snr in the leadership group. Seemed like a part of the problem leading up to Shocktober was that the older players were feeling unvalued.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon