Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chris Grant To leave?

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    It is possible to be both. Nothing surprises me anymore after the offseason we've had. Disappointed if he departs as it simply reinforces the perception that the club is still unsettled......never a good thing for a club like ours.
    Board members come and go. I don't see much in it as the position is voluntary and perhaps Chris hasn't the time to devout anymore.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would he put himself up for re-election if he was going to leave weeks later?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the AGM. Chris Grant was there and re-nominated for the board and was duly elected un-opposed. He seemed happy in his position so don't see too many problems there. Maybe someone else on the board is not happy with Chris!!??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Why would he put himself up for re-election if he was going to leave weeks later?

Looking at it from a pragmatic point I guess it is so he can nominate his successer.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

The Australian's chief moron Greg Denham and lace said this morning that Grant and the prez had a tiff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The Australian's chief moron Greg Denham and lace said this morning that Grant and the prez had a tiff.
    So you can now rule that out as being what happened
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Scraggers, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...g-future-grant

Following last week’s Annual General Meeting where Grant was re-appointed for a further three years, the former Bulldogs Captain said he was thrilled to continue on as a Board member in what he sees as a significant growth period for the Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...g-future-grant

Following last week’s Annual General Meeting where Grant was re-appointed for a further three years, the former Bulldogs Captain said he was thrilled to continue on as a Board member in what he sees as a significant growth period for the Club.
    Peter has no doubt instigated this report:

From his blog here

Anyway, that's it for today. I'm off to chase down these authoritative and well sourced rumours about Chris Grant being unhappy. I'm just hoping it's not the whole Prince Philip knighthood thing. After all, who's to say His Royal Highness couldn't have played 341 games himself if he'd put his mind to it. Honestly!
    Good to know the rumours aren't true.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Cyberdoggie, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Peter has no doubt instigated this report:

From his blog here

Good to know the rumours aren't true.
    His Royal Highness did play 341 games. Other than that, great article and a very good read, especially the start about Robbo.

Post Thanks / Like

If he was to leave it might not have anything to do with the club or other board members, Chris from my knowledge is a successful property developer. Could simply be he needs to put more time into that or an opportunity may have opened up for himself. I wouldn't read to much into it

Post Thanks / Like

I was concerned until Greg "venom " Denham announced he was leaving. After that I knew everything was fine.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

14. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it actually that hard to believe they had a blue, but like actual adults, sat down and resolved it in an open and mature fashion?

I suppose because at the pointy end of business and football egos usually stop people from putting their crap to one side and addressing issues as they arise, so maybe it is hard to believe........

16. Likes G-Mo77, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is it actually that hard to believe they had a blue, but like actual adults, sat down and resolved it in an open and mature fashion?

I suppose because at the pointy end of business and football egos usually stop people from putting their crap to one side and addressing issues as they arise, so maybe it is hard to believe........
    I would be worried if they "never" had a disagreement. The last thing we need is all "yes men".

Post Thanks / Like