Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs forward Jack Redpath sees opening alongside Tom Boyd

What I love about Redders is that he keeps on improving. He has been in the system for awhile now, coming off a knee or two in his younger days. He was one I really thought had no hope a few years ago and the fact he is even a chance, is a massive credit to him.

He just needs to keep on evolving. IMO he needs to either really become more reliable marking overhead or continue to build his tank to be able to lead and double back.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if Redpath can continue to gather confidence, he will be a really valuable player.
    His first half against Carlton was awful...but he picked himself up and ended up finishing the game with 7 marks and took 2 or 3 good ones up at half forward.
    Against Gold Coast it was a more even 4 quarters where he got involved in plenty of contests. If not for a couple of dropped marks/mistakes he may have ended up with 4 or 5.
    Happy to persist with him and Boyd as a combination for a while, and we will need Redpath to be getting up the ground and creating space for Boyd and Stringer this week by drawing Cats defenders away.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm worried that both Boyd & Redpath are both FF types but Redpath has definitely earned his spot on the list and if he learns to split the defenders from Boyd with run into space then our F50 could function quite well. he allows Stringer to play shorter which suits him more as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers