Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
Page 65 of 284 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Son of ex Super McPherson has been upgraded from rookie to main list. Has been averaging 33 disposals at NEAFL
    Darcy was playing well last year until he did his knee. I'm suprised he wasn't already on the main list.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Two year rookie in his first year did his knee why would you put him on the main list? No reason at all, Just see how he comes back from the knee then pick him in the draft next year.
    No risk and low wage leaving him as a rookie knowing he would only play half a season at best.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Two year rookie in his first year did his knee why would you put him on the main list? No reason at all, Just see how he comes back from the knee then pick him in the draft next year.
    No risk and low wage leaving him as a rookie knowing he would only play half a season at best.
    I reckon we got Travis Baird off of Brisbane's RL when they wanted to keep him but didn't have a spot on the senior list available so he came to us instead because we did have a spot on the senior list available. Anyway show the kid some faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Higgins for contributing to our win with your dumb footy nous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Son of ex Super McPherson has been upgraded from rookie to main list. Has been averaging 33 disposals at NEAFL
    Maybe it's nostalgia for Supa giving me confirmation bias, but I really think we might rue passing on Darcy.

I know we had/have a surfeit of his type on our list, but from the limited glimpes i had of him at GC tells me he is a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Maybe it's nostalgia for Supa giving me confirmation bias, but I really think we might rue passing on Darcy.

I know we had/have a surfeit of his type on our list, but from the limited glimpes i had of him at GC tells me he is a good player.
    Was it Daniel we would have missed on if we picked young Super ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Bailey Williams, last of ours in the 2015 ND. And/or Brad Lynch in the RD.

I probably watched Darcy 4-5 times and followed his progression through the juniors. I can certainly see why we passed for a few reasons at the time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    ..and there it is....some logically thinking maestro comes along and makes me eat my words.. Good for you...good for you...
    Well played Sir.

10. Likes JohnGentStand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bailey Williams, last of ours in the 2015 ND. And/or Brad Lynch in the RD.

I probably watched Darcy 4-5 times and followed his progression through the juniors. I can certainly see why we passed for a few reasons at the time.
    You too. Go to sleep will you!

12. Likes bulldogtragic, JohnGentStand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

133 charges is a fair effort!

Former AFL star Aaron James faces 133 charges, including assaulting his wife

AFL bad boy Aaron James has been accused of threatening to kill his wife amid a bitter marriage break-up.

The on-field hothead, who launched his footy career with Collingwood in the 90s, is also charged over an assault on his wife, Kate James, in Wallan on March 10.

Details of the alleged violence were not aired as James faced Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday charged with 133 offences.

Police prosecutor Fiona Nation told the court that more charges were likely.

She said Mrs James, who was excused from attending court, had made it clear that she no longer wanted anything to do with her husband.

Police allege that James “did without lawful excuse make a threat to Kate James to kill her, being reckless as to whether or not (she) would fear that the said threat would be carried out” in Wallan on December 18 last year.

Charge sheets also indicate: “The accused at Wallan on 10/03/17 did unlawfully assault Kate James.”

Other charges relate to driving matters, including driving while suspended and losing traction.

James, 40, who is on bail, sat quietly throughout the proceedings.

The father was known as a talented footballer whose career, which spanned from 1993 to 2002, was plagued with injuries.

He spent four seasons at the Magpies and played 30 games for Richmond before being picked up by the Western Bulldogs.

On retiring, the full-forward went on to dominate the country and suburban football league.

But his on-field antics often landed him in trouble.

In 2006, while playing during the RDFL finals series with the Sunbury Kangaroos he was suspended for 15 weeks for threatening an umpire.

Then, in 2011, after receiving an 18-week ban for an altercation with a spectator, AFL Victoria deregistered him, forbidding him from playing on any footy field.

It marked the end of his career.

Asked at the time by the Herald Sun who was the biggest influence on his football career, he said his father, before naming his wife, Kate, saying she had been “a big help”.

Mrs James had stood by him through many ups and downs in his career.

The couple also supported each other when Mrs James lost their unborn child in a crash caused by an epileptic driver in 2007.

James will return to court on July 28.

Post Thanks / Like

A mate of mine was a witness for another matter the night he went before the RDFL Tribunal for threatening the umpire.

My described the tribunal members as "A bunch of tough, grumpy, old ex-players who don't like missing dinner on a Tuesday night".

James had originally been given a lesser suspension, but then launched into a tirade against the Tribunal, which included throwing pieces of furniture across the room, at which point the suspension was increased to the 15 weeks.

About two minutes after he'd stormed out of the room and the next matter was commencing, he returned and gave everyone another serve before storming out again.

At the time he wasn't working and was relying on his match payments as a wage.

I'd last heard he was working as an Authorised Officer for Metro but I could be wrong on that.

133 charges is massive. I can only imagine he'd been wanted on a number of outstanding matters. Its unthinkable that all of that would have arisen from just a couple of incidents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    A mate of mine was a witness for another matter the night he went before the RDFL Tribunal for threatening the umpire.

My described the tribunal members as "A bunch of tough, grumpy, old ex-players who don't like missing dinner on a Tuesday night".

James had originally been given a lesser suspension, but then launched into a tirade against the Tribunal, which included throwing pieces of furniture across the room, at which point the suspension was increased to the 15 weeks.

About two minutes after he'd stormed out of the room and the next matter was commencing, he returned and gave everyone another serve before storming out again.

At the time he wasn't working and was relying on his match payments as a wage.

I'd last heard he was working as an Authorised Officer for Metro but I could be wrong on that.

133 charges is massive. I can only imagine he'd been wanted on a number of outstanding matters. Its unthinkable that all of that would have arisen from just a couple of incidents.
    I can't see the Authorized Officer gig lasting after the 133 charges have been dealt with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I can't see the Authorized Officer gig lasting after the 133 charges have been dealt with
    I thought 'AO'S' were meant to be violent? Probably promote him...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I thought 'AO'S' were meant to be violent? Probably promote him...

Are they the guys hanging around train stations at night? There are Authorised Review Officers who handle appeals and stuff at Centrelink too just to confuse matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Always was a hot head , seems something was amiss in his childhood ..would be interesting to hear about the early years and see if anything significant brought it on.
    A man full of hate.. Alcohol involved ?
    Shameful story the man with so much talent but wasted.
    Bring back the biff