Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 23 of 289 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Ward is a gun and played like a gun today because he's a gun. I appreciate schadenfreude as much as the next guy but he would walk into our midfield.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Ward is a gun and played like a gun today because he's a gun. I appreciate schadenfreude as much as the next guy but he would walk into our midfield.
    Yep. Higgins & Griffen still have some runs on the board, and Cooney is just sad. Tahleeya doesn't deserve to be acknowledged on this forum ever again. So I will be sticking to Liam Jones, Malthouse & Carlton in this thread by and large.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Of course Ward's a gun. I wouldn't have thought there's any debate over that. I was just inferring he got his nickname cement head because he's not that smart.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Of course Ward's a gun. I wouldn't have thought there's any debate over that. I was just inferring he got his nickname cement head because he's not that smart.....
    He got his name cement head because of his hardness at the ball and no matter how many times you hit him he just bounces back up (or so it goes) - therefore named so, because he must have a head made of cement.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Ward had 28 & couple of goals.. Without seeing the game it seems he was more than serviceable.
    Easy BOG. I'd be surprised if he didn't get 3 Brownlow votes today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He got his name cement head because of his hardness at the ball and no matter how many times you hit him he just bounces back up (or so it goes) - therefore named so, because he must have a head made of cement.
    BAD, that's one version of it. I've heard another, on this board and elsewhere.

It doesn't matter though, he's a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nup, Bob told me himself when Jarvis and my son were having a play date at the park that Ward got it because he's as thick as a brick. Bob said only one person has surpassed his dim-wittedness throughout his time in footy - Shermo.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nup, Bob told me himself when Jarvis and my son were having a play date at the park that Ward got it because he's as thick as a brick. Bob said only one person has surpassed his dim-wittedness throughout his time in footy - Shermo.
    Yeah, apparently Shermos as smart as a pot pant according to Aker.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Desperate Housepersons......Bob Meets 1ED - season two. A little bit too real, not enough character development given the talent at the directors disposal. 2.3 stars.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd argue the person who traded pick 25, which could've been used on Jack Darling who went pick 26, for Sherman is the most dimwitted.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd argue the person who traded pick 25, which could've been used on Jack Darling who went pick 26, for Sherman is the most dimwitted.
    Touche.

I'd have risked the Darling being a boofhead and wanting to stay home issue if it meant we had a chance to develop him on our own terms rather than grab Sherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Touche.

I'd have risked the Darling being a boofhead and wanting to stay home issue if it meant we had a chance to develop him on our own terms rather than grab Sherman.
    Yep. I'd go so far as to say that's the most confusing trade in my lifetime, in that it didn't make sense to me. Rawlings was a bad faith trade, but everyone thought he'd be the messiah and after his first game most of us did. But Sherman for pick 25 was a dumb trade, for a dumb player without all that much proven ability. I didn't get it then. Didn't get it when he was with us briefly and still don't get it. I'd happily take Darling or pretty much every other player taken within 10 (or 50) picks that draft. I can't recall, did any person assume responsibility publicly for this?

Post Thanks / Like

The Sherminator suited where Eade thought our side was - and he was right to an extent, but due to our lack sophistication in list management during the time such bad decisions were exacerbated - there was't a hand break available to cool the jets when we needed a full rebuild.

Hence, we ended up with Sherman. Golly gosh, what a wonderful time we all had.

Post Thanks / Like

Desperate Housepersons......Bob Meets 1ED - season two. A little bit too real, not enough character development given the talent at the directors disposal. 2.3 stars.
    I know. I was trying to groom Bob into some kind of (twisted in my mind) bromance but we moved out of Carlton and of course Bob's son has no short supply of play date suitors. I fell too hard too fast telling him I was a Premiership Gold Member before even properly introducing myself...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I know. I was trying to groom Bob into some kind of (twisted in my mind) bromance but we moved out of Carlton and of course Bob's son has no short supply of play date suitors. I fell too hard too fast telling him I was a Premiership Gold Member before even properly introducing myself...
    Why does it only have to be twisted in your mind mate? When you have footy star grooming involved it's pretty much a sky and limit scenario that I don't think you've taken advantage of.