Thanks Thanks:  372
Likes Likes:  2,190
Page 29 of 289 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

I still don't get the angst towards Jones? He didn't really do anything that bad to the club. VFL Grand final hero and I'll always have respect for him for that. He's still really good mates with some of our best 22 as well so I hate seeing him ripped on here all the time.

He's a guy I do hope does find his feet one day.

2. Likes Throughandthrough, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I still don't get the angst towards Jones? He didn't really do anything that bad to the club. VFL Grand final hero and I'll always have respect for him for that. He's still really good mates with some of our best 22 as well so I hate seeing him ripped on here all the time.

He's a guy I do hope does find his feet one day.
    I think many people objected to him claiming one of the reasons he left the Bulldogs to go Carlton was Bulldog supporters were overly critical of him and he used to read online forums and was offended by what we were saying about him, and that Carlton weren't like that.

It's just another lame excuse for a player always looking to take the easy option, but given by and large how supportive Bulldog supporters are compared to most other clubs, and in particular big Melbourne clubs, many of us are happy to see him learn just how much greener the grass was on this side of the fence.

Dislike the coach, dislike the training facilities, or the other players and many will give you a pass. Blame the fans are you're not going to get much sympathy when things don't work out for you.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I think many people objected to him claiming one of the reasons he left the Bulldogs to go Carlton was Bulldog supporters were overly critical of him and he used to read online forums and was offended by what we were saying about him, and that Carlton weren't like that.

It's just another lame excuse for a player always looking to take the easy option, but given by and large how supportive Bulldog supporters are compared to most other clubs, and in particular big Melbourne clubs, many of us are happy to see him learn just how much greener the grass was on this side of the fence.

Dislike the coach, dislike the training facilities, or the other players and many will give you a pass. Blame the fans are you're not going to get much sympathy when things don't work out for you.
    Hahaha well, I have a few Carlton supporting friends who saw him coming a mile away, said no thanks, and upon Mick's decision, sadly added him to the ledger in the 'Book of bad decisions" Jones under J, after E ( Elliot ) and before M ( Malthouse ).
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Notice we've got a couple of ex players on the coaching staff of Bris Vegas in Mitch Hahn and the people's beard .
    Gee the people's beard is a coaching/ playing journeyman

Post Thanks / Like

Grants in for GC
    The curse is dead.

8. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Grants in for GC
    Kicked 7 in the ressies so has his chance.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Kicked 7 in the ressies so has his chance.

I'd kick seven in the NEAFL.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'd kick seven in the NEAFL.
    That's with an arm tied behind your back, and on one leg .
    The NEAFL is awful

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Titus O'Reily@TitusOReily 3 minutes ago
    Liam Jones must be the sub
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's harsh, he had one disposal to half time.

I bet stick with us 'mean' members seems better than Carlton members/fans and the media with the hype Mick put into him. But he can avoid a shower tonight and bank another $500,000+ before his career ends at his contract end date.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

3 touches to 3/4 time. Just one more touch Liam and that's 4 in 4 quarters #youcandoit
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dorotich has been getting into him on the ABC

Post Thanks / Like

He's just missed from 20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    He's just missed from 20
    That's negative talk. He's now at 4 possessions for the game. Two more touches and it's a round half dozen.

Post Thanks / Like

And he has a goal and he's off single digit fantasy points

22. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post