Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs 'not moving aside' for soccer Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Its a good bit of posturing to ensure we get a good offer to move the game.

I'm not too fussed either way to be honest, but if we move, we do so under significant duress meaning more compensation.
    Yep, agree.

It sounding very similar to what PG was saying when Griff declared that he wanted a trade.

A deal will more than likely be worked out that will be beeficial to us. We hold all the cards here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So what happens to all reserved seat holders, sponsors, advertising, etc. Its a bit late to change in the middle of the year.
    Ah, I'm fairly sure Geelong has an actual grandstand that has reserved seating and I'm fairly sure Geelong also have advertising space we could use.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ah, I'm fairly sure Geelong has an actual grandstand that has reserved seating and I'm fairly sure Geelong also have advertising space we could use.
    but I don't want to go to Geelong. I bought two reserved seats for the year (have done so since Docklands built) so why should I be inconvenienced just because a rival competition can't book a stadium.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor planning by the FFA. They are trying to paint the Bullies and AFL as the bad guys. At least the AFL is backing us on this.

More to the point, tax payers money was spent to build AAMiI Park, which holds 30,000! Why it is not deemed suitable is staggering! It was good enough in Jan for the Asia Cup including the Socceroos game, it is good enough for the A-League!

PS: In the interest of full-disclosure, I am a City fan.

Post Thanks / Like

but I don't want to go to Geelong. I bought two reserved seats for the year (have done so since Docklands built) so why should I be inconvenienced just because a rival competition can't book a stadium.
    Because we have them over a barrel.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure it is not our decision anyway.

If the AFL want us to play the game elsewhere then we will. Suggesting it is up to the Doggies solely is mirthful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Because we have them over a barrel.
    We dont have a choice, we get told what to do and we just do it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We dont have a choice, we get told what to do and we just do it.
    What would Eddy do?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with this. This isn't just about the players and the actual game being played - I believe it is about all the members, supporters, sponsors etc that will be put out.

Unless there is an agreement where the bulldogs as a football club win out, I am against.

I also see our game is at 1:10. Is it possible to turn the stadium around for a night time Grand Final. Surely it would only take some forward planning (gates open at 6 - game at 8 in prime time etc etc - gives the stadium a couple of hours to clean, restock - surely this only comes down to manpower and planning?)

Post Thanks / Like

What would Eddy do?
    Make a big deal about it to calm the natives and then accept whatever decision the AFL made.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    It is not a matter of AFL v Soccer. Whoever has booked the ground for that particular date gets it. Simple really. If the other code didn't do its due diligence unfortunately that is just bad management and bad luck.
    In fairness to Soccer, they vary the location of the final based on who is playing. You can't hold bookings in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Wellington & Brisbane just in case a team from that city finishes on top

$2 million
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

12. Likes chef, Twodogs, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    In fairness to Soccer, they vary the location of the final based on who is playing. You can't hold bookings in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Wellington & Brisbane just in case a team from that city finishes on top

$2 million
    Yep. Something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

What would Eddy do?
    What would David Stevenson do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4by2 View Post
    I also see our game is at 1:10. Is it possible to turn the stadium around for a night time Grand Final. Surely it would only take some forward planning (gates open at 6 - game at 8 in prime time etc etc - gives the stadium a couple of hours to clean, restock - surely this only comes down to manpower and planning?)
    No chance. They'll want to bring the lower level seating in, which will take ages. Need to repaint the oval, which would mean they have to get rid of the AFL markings and sponsors and add the soccer ones, which would look crap. Also the surface would be all chopped up from our match, and considering the ball in soccer rolls they would want a great surface.

TBH for those Victory fans that get tickets this could be a blessing in disguise. Certainly having experienced soccer at both Etihad and Aami (albeit as a Heart fan) Aami Park is so far ahead as a soccer venue its not funny.

Better surface, better seats and a much much much better atmosphere. The downside is 15-20,000 people miss out.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    No chance. They'll want to bring the lower level seating in, which will take ages. Need to repaint the oval, which would mean they have to get rid of the AFL markings and sponsors and add the soccer ones, which would look crap. Also the surface would be all chopped up from our match, and considering the ball in soccer rolls they would want a great surface.

TBH for those Victory fans that get tickets this could be a blessing in disguise. Certainly having experienced soccer at both Etihad and Aami (albeit as a Heart fan) Aami Park is so far ahead as a soccer venue its not funny.

Better surface, better seats and a much much much better atmosphere. The downside is 15-20,000 people miss out.
    So would the game the previous evening need to be moved also if it takes that much to get the ground up to standard? If so I definitely can't see AFL and FFA coming to terms.