Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 3 Discussion

With how rich West Coast are and with the beltings they've given us over the past 25 years, I'm really, really enjoying this.

2. Likes Greystache liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's official: the Suns are the softest team we've seen in years.

I can't believe it's not butter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I like May though. Do we an inside player and non first round pick to trade? Would allow Roughy to play back, forward or ruck.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Their decision making going forward let them down.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Soft mentally or soft physically?

I watched a bit of the game and thought GC were all over them, but just couldn't put them away.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

Should we be surprised ie. Clayton's recruiting and his obsession with outside soft skilled players?
    Yep, although I really liked what I saw of Jack Martin yesterday. He's had no continuity due to injury but he has some serious tricks and is also very brave for his size. That last goal he kicked was class, skill and natural footy smarts personified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Soft mentally or soft physically?

I watched a bit of the game and thought GC were all over them, but just couldn't put them away.
    Both.

Have they ever won a game without Gary? They're mentally the weakest side I've ever seen at the moment. They allowed a depleted Geelong side to kick 6 unanswered goals in the third quarter and didn't give a yelp during this period. They have no leaders - just talent.

Physically they started getting more desperate late yesterday but the fact remains they still couldn't get the job done against a side without many of its stars and many inexperienced/average young players. Selwood slaughtered them because he simply wanted it more.

They have huge issues and Rocket has his hands full given the sides weaknesses have been a hallmark of his previous sides weaknesses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, although I really liked what I saw of Jack Martin yesterday. He's had no continuity due to injury but he has some serious tricks and is also very brave for his size. That last goal he kicked was class, skill and natural footy smarts personified.
    Agreed - he was really impressive. Definitely puts his body into the contest, despite his physical limitations. Great mark overhead too.