Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  538
Page 98 of 127 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1900
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2015

I think (and hope) we will retain Grant. The Club are just using the RFA status that he has as mechanism for determining his real market value. The Players' Association wanted RFA, Clubs are now trying to use it to their advantage wherever possible. Players like Grant (fringe best 18) may find that RFA in fact drives down their contracts.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Bandit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I think (and hope) we will retain Grant. The Club are just using the RFA status that he has as mechanism for determining his real market value. The Players' Association wanted RFA, Clubs are now trying to use it to their advantage wherever possible. Players like Grant (fringe best 18) may find that RFA in fact drives down their contracts.
    Interesting take. I hadn't thought of it like that. I hope he stays. He will be a "cheap" experienced player in an age bracket we lack and who probably hasn't hit his potential yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    It worked for Richmond with Martin he ran off after the tigers put a deal on the table, explored other teams none were interested he crawled back and the tigers gave him a revised contract under the first one he was offered. That's how I understood that deal.
    Bring back the biff

Bandit Guest

Wouldn't be surprised to see A Cordy drafted again in the rookie draft. He was looking ok at CHB in the twos at end of the year. I think it is time to look elsewhere but have the feeling they might do it. Might want to take a punt to see if they can finally get a return on investment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It worked for Richmond with Martin he ran off after the tigers put a deal on the table, explored other teams none were interested he crawled back and the tigers gave him a revised contract under the first one he was offered. That's how I understood that deal.
    None were interested or none interested at his asking price?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

So if all had gone to plan Tom Boyd would be announcing about now that he wanted to play for the Wstern Bulldogs next year?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So if all had gone to plan Tom Boyd would be announcing about now that he wanted to play for the Wstern Bulldogs next year?
    Not likely. GWS and Carlton would have struck a deal, most likely involving a swap of first rounders and someone like Chris Yarran.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    None were interested or none interested at his asking price?
    Both I'm told. GWS were the biggest threat to poach him and they balked with a big bank of cash. He priced himself out everywhere else. He likes it at Richmond though, always has so I think that was a way of squeezing more cash. Didn't work too well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not likely. GWS and Carlton would have struck a deal, most likely involving a swap of first rounders and someone like Chris Yarran.
    I wondered as I typed the post about the likelihood of him ending up at Carlton. All we would have heard was "apparantly the bulldogs were one of the other interested parties"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Both I'm told. GWS were the biggest threat to poach him and they balked with a big bank of cash. He priced himself out everywhere else. He likes it at Richmond though, always has so I think that was a way of squeezing more cash. Didn't work too well.
    Wonder if that was his propensity for stupid acts. Not a big game player IMHO. Could be proven wrong, but big gamers seldom baulk at the chance to be at a final. They thrive on that stuff.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Wonder if that was his propensity for stupid acts. Not a big game player IMHO. Could be proven wrong, but big gamers seldom baulk at the chance to be at a final. They thrive on that stuff.
    Everyone thought back then that GWS were going to come up and be a finals side.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see A Cordy drafted again in the rookie draft. He was looking ok at CHB in the twos at end of the year. I think it is time to look elsewhere but have the feeling they might do it. Might want to take a punt to see if they can finally get a return on investment.
    Not is we take a mature ager at the draft (or Coughlan) - there seem to be a couple in the VFL likely to get a chance (or second chance)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Lobe is open to a trade back to Melbourne. He is still contacted but I'm guessing we would be giving it serious thought. Whats he worth?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Sounds like Lobe is open to a trade back to Melbourne. He is still contacted but I'm guessing we would be giving it serious thought. Whats he worth?
    Is he too similar to Minson?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I thought he was out of contract and then resigned recently.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.