Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  538
Page 20 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think Beveridge is wonderful at getting a back line team together. Bobby, Wood and M Boyd all make it easier for our tall defenders, allowing us to go shorter/more mobile.

Ideally though, you want height, mobility and the ability to at least not turn over the ball. The issue with the Roberts/Hamling/Talia is that their combined liabilities are too great at the moment. Talia is a liability with the ball. Roberts and Hamling are still finding their feet as tall defenders and are pretty much all about lockdown.
    My question does not relate to right now but rather the future. I did ask post Morris can the three play together in the backline.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm glad that Hamling is showing something but as you have pointed out he is very defensive minded. His athleticism helps him in the air but we really haven't benefited yet from his running ability. When he gets that right he will provide us with a lot more rebound.
    Brian Lake could really only punch the ball away from the forward and then kill the contest when he started at fullback. But he had the athleticism and could stay on his feet long to start to win and then run away from forwards until he became the machine he became. I'm not saying Hamling is our new Brian but he has a lot of the athletic ability and closing speed if not the build and mentality.

I'm saying I agree with you anyway. Once he gets it together he will be a very handy player and I can see signs that he will.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think Beveridge is wonderful at getting a back line team together. Bobby, Wood and M Boyd all make it easier for our tall defenders, allowing us to go shorter/more mobile.

Ideally though, you want height, mobility and the ability to at least not turn over the ball. The issue with the Roberts/Hamling/Talia is that their combined liabilities are too great at the moment. Talia is a liability with the ball. Roberts and Hamling are still finding their feet as tall defenders and are pretty much all about lockdown.

Last year Beveridge managed to cobble together a defence that held up over 22 rounds won finals and ultimately the premiership despite injuries and suspension to key players and all the problems we didn't hear about.

What he's done with our defence this year is an even better job.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Last year Beveridge managed to cobble together a defence that held up over 22 rounds won finals and ultimately the premiership despite injuries and suspension to key players and all the problems we didn't hear about.

What he's done with our defence this year is an even better job.
    Agreed. I made that point when Bev was appointed.

However, it would be nice to get Collins or by some miracle Weitering in the draft this year.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sen.com.au/news/07-15/sha...venge-campaign

An article from SEN suggesting that plenty of Vic clubs are into Brisbane's McStay.

I'd love him at the Dogs. Exactly the type of dynamic, hard running CHF we need to compliment his best mate, Boyd.

I'd be willing to give up our first to secure him, especially given the best talls are likely to go early in this draft.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    http://www.sen.com.au/news/07-15/sha...venge-campaign

An article from SEN suggesting that plenty of Vic clubs are into Brisbane's McStay.

I'd love him at the Dogs. Exactly the type of dynamic, hard running CHF we need to compliment his best mate, Boyd.

I'd be willing to give up our first to secure him, especially given the best talls are likely to go early in this draft.
    Extended his contract till the end of 2017 at the end of last year...for whatever that means these days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Extended his contract till the end of 2017 at the end of last year...for whatever that means these days
    Yep, I'd love him to leave but is likely to McStay...

I'll show myself out.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, I'd love him to leave but is likely to McStay...

I'll show myself out.
    I thought you'd go with a McLeave reference. Disappointing miss of a worse pun.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Online believes we will push hard for Aiden Corr from GWS. Athletic defender who we were interested in at the 2012 draft.
    If we were to secure him that would be four 1st round picks from that draft. Stringer, Macrae, Corr and Hrovat.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs Online believes we will push hard for Aiden Corr from GWS. Athletic defender who we were interested in at the 2012 draft.
    If we were to secure him that would be four 1st round picks from that draft. Stringer, Macrae, Corr and Hrovat.
    So an annual 'tit for tat' with GWS then?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't think so, during the Griffen discussions we inquired about Corr's availability. He's coming out of contract now so it's reasonable to assume he might be part of our list management discussions if the likes of Carlisle aren't within our reach.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Boyd was the 'Tat' then?

14. Likes Doc26, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so, during the Griffen discussions we inquired about Corr's availability. He's coming out of contract now so it's reasonable to assume he might be part of our list management discussions if the likes of Carlisle aren't within our reach.
    What are your thoughts of his junior footy and chart to where he is now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm guessing Boyd was the 'Tat' then?
    Touché, Westdog, Touché.

Post Thanks / Like

What are your thoughts of his junior footy and chart to where he is now?
    I rated him and I think he is another 12 or 18 months away from becoming a good footballer. He's had a few injuries but has played over 20 games of senior football already which is a great platform for him.

Having Corr alongside of Hamling would really increase the athleticism of our defensive group.

He's worth having a look at.