Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  538
Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yep, I'd be surprised if Kreuzer ended up with with us.
    I think he will stick with Carlton
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The press conference was interesting listening. Beveridge wants to keep Minson and doesn't want to move on any of our players. He wants to keep the list together.

And from what it's worth when i listened to the press conference, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Kreuzer
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The press conference was interesting listening. Beveridge wants to keep Minson and doesn't want to move on any of our players. He wants to keep the list together.

And from what it's worth when i listened to the press conference, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Kreuzer
    Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says Will Minson's career at Whitten Oval is secure despite the All Australian ruckman being out of favour for much of the season.

"Every week we consider Will and our ruck situation," Beveridge said.

"All it says is that he's next in line or the one after that at the moment.

"Will's a contracted player into 2016, so he's a required player.

"His long-term future is secure."

---

I call bullshit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says Will Minson's career at Whitten Oval is secure despite the All Australian ruckman being out of favour for much of the season.

"Every week we consider Will and our ruck situation," Beveridge said.

"All it says is that he's next in line or the one after that at the moment.

"Will's a contracted player into 2016, so he's a required player.

"His long-term future is secure."

---

I call bullshit!
    That's called trying to convince the rest of the clubs that they'll have to pony up a suitable trade in order to prise him away from the kennel. Not sure if any other club will take the bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Each week we consider Will. (And mostly dismissing playing him early in the week. True comment)
    Will is a contracted player in 2006. (True comment)
    Will is a required player. (Because our contract requires us to keep him this year. True comment)
    His long term future is secure. (He will get a large salary next year, no matter what club he goes to. True comment)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Dog54 Guest

What does everybody think minson is worth ? I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade. Potential suitors may be the 2 qld teams. Also may he be in Beveridges calculations next year when the sun is abolished?

Dog54 Guest

What does everybody think minson is worth ? I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade. Potential suitors may be the 2 qld teams. Also may he be in Beveridges calculations next year when the sub is abolished?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog54 View Post
    I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade
    Not for a 30 year old who isn't best 22
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog54 View Post
    What does everybody think minson is worth ? I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade. Potential suitors may be the 2 qld teams. Also may he be in Beveridges calculations next year when the sun is abolished?
    At the very best it would be maneuvering of deep 4th round picks assuming there was interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    At the very best it would be maneuvering of deep 4th round picks assuming there was interest.
    Yep. His high water mark for trading is long gone. 4th round is about right, or an upgrade somewhere higher maybe depending on the gap of picks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon he'll be tradeable because there's always a club needing a back up ruck (we traded Hudson at 32YO and he went on to play for 2 further clubs). I reckon we'd get an upgrade of about 10 picks, say Minson and pick 50 for pick 40 or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this works. Funny...

http://captiongenerator.com/56679/Macca

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I reckon he'll be tradeable because there's always a club needing a back up ruck (we traded Hudson at 32YO and he went on to play for 2 further clubs). I reckon we'd get an upgrade of about 10 picks, say Minson and pick 50 for pick 40 or something like that.
    Minno was traded for a deep pick 70 to Brisbane. If we managed to get pick 40, being the likely end of the 2nd round after compos, for a pick swap we will have done extremely well. If there is interest, as you've said for coverage, which is feasible, I'd see it being for no better than a 4th round manoeuvre starting in the deep 50s, low 60s.

Post Thanks / Like

But I'm saying pick 40 for Minno AND pick 50, it may be pick 60 for Minno AND 70, or whatever.

I doubt it'd a straight swap, just an upgrading of draft picks of less than 18 (1 round of selections).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Surely no one thinks Bevo is going to say who we are interested in and who we are looking to delist at a presser?

16. Likes chef liked this post