Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  538
Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So guys like Brownlow medallist, All Australians were a miss.??? Really.

We go over this time and time again on this forum, but we won't all agree. Yes plenty of misses but also plenty of top footballers in his time with us.

Dalrmple hasn't got everything right to date, but that is the nature of recruiting. I really question Pearce, Lower, Goodes, Fuller, Young, Prudden,(could still work) Schofield, Skinner, Moles, Hooper, Austin, Markovic, and Mulligan.

Excellent pickups in the last few years, but helps when you have picks 4, 5 or 6 and those years would have been hard to miss a good player. Yes I know Walsh didn't make it and he was a top 4/ 5. So what, so was Howard.
    Huh?

Young and Lower were trades, Mulligan was drafted by Clayton, Austin, Hooper, Moles, Goodes were all rookies. Prudden and Pearce were drafted 3 years ago and are still on the list, and Fuller is 5 games into his second season.

The Clayton/Eade combo barely picked a player between 2005 and 2008 that's still on the list, nothing can come close to that level of ineptitude. Dalrymple should have a statue erected in his honour compared to what went before him.

Lynch, Stack, Baird, West, Davidson, O'shea, Everitt, Hughes, Pask, Reid, Boumann, O'Keefe, Mulligan, White, Shaw.. The hits were never ending!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

2. Likes chef, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to this being settled once and for all now that it's flared up again.

4. Likes Go_Dogs, Twodogs, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this being settled once and for all now that it's flared up again.
    Actually I am sick of it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Actually Dalrymple is almost the bipolar opposite of Scott Clayton - screwed up his first effort but has barely put a foot wrong since, whereas Clayton absolutely nailed his first draft and pretty much screwed most others up thereafter.
    Bipolar? So I assume bad Simon was responsible for the 2009 draft and good Simon has been with us ever since?

7. Likes chef, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon SD's drafting is improving.

I think his last draft might crack it for 4 out of 6 players being decent, not counting Zaine as a F/S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am too, I don't like broad statements that after the 1999 draft, Clayton screwed up.
    So your first round picks which are a necessity for success like McMahon Power Walsh Grant Everitt cost us dearly.
    That cannot be debated
    Have a look at GC where he had the keys to a Lamborghini, and yet he's driven it into the surf on the golden strip!
    Light bodied players who play on their own terms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Huh?

Young and Lower were trades, Mulligan was drafted by Clayton, Austin, Hooper, Moles, Goodes were all rookies. Prudden and Pearce were drafted 3 years ago and are still on the list, and Fuller is 5 games into his second season.

The Clayton/Eade combo barely picked a player between 2005 and 2008 that's still on the list, nothing can come close to that level of ineptitude. Dalrymple should have a statue erected in his honour compared to what went before him.

Lynch, Stack, Baird, West, Davidson, O'shea, Everitt, Hughes, Pask, Reid, Boumann, O'Keefe, Mulligan, White, Shaw.. The hits were never ending!
    Massively overrated as a recruiter, and how many players had he recruited with attitude, and work ethic issues ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Massively overrated as a recruiter, and how many players had he recruited with attitude, and work ethic issues ?
    And that's my biggest gripe, there was no alignment between recruiter and coach. The recruiter had a fetish for players the coach didn't want, yet they insisted each others roles were separate. McCartney came in and took responsibility for players recruited, he watched them, he interviewed them, and if they failed it was on him, but he wouldn't palm off responsibility as being someone else's problem.

Say what you like about McCartney but he turned around what was a dysfunctional recruitment framework.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

12. Likes chef, Mofra, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree Remi, I was very happy when he finally left the club.
    1. He would not be speculative recruiting and taking risks with our list anymore
    2.He ( as proven more than once) would do the right thing by us and stuff up another clubs list.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fellas, can we sign off on Mr Clayton and the previous regime and focus on the present?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Thanks Fellas, can we sign off on Mr Clayton and the previous regime and focus on the present?
    Agree. The past is the past.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    It's too early, one of my top few prospects for delisting is currently our starting ruck, we need to wait and see what works and what doesn't with Bevo before we can come to any conclusions

We could end the year with Campbell, Redpath, Biggs, Roberts, Darley & Hamling in the starting 18, or they could be on the chopping block
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Have a look at GC where he had the keys to a Lamborghini, and yet he's driven it into the surf on the golden strip!
    Light bodied players who play on their own terms
    Their best performed players have been a once in a generation talent (cruelled by injury) Jaeger O'Meara and a hardworking inside mid in the Libba/Wallis mold, Dion Prestia.

Their tall timber is promising as well - aggressive types. The flightly outside types haven't come on anywhere near as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Libba signed on until 2018. Great news

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news...signs-new-deal
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Libba signed on until 2018. Great news

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news...signs-new-deal
    Awesome news. Only really Talia left. Winning makes signing players easy it would seem. And give Bont whatever he wants for how long he wants.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023