Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  49
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 6 vs St. Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I'd bring Wallis back in through the two's and give a go to one of the deserving guys from Footscray like, Hunter, Biggs, etc. I think this also earns Clay Smith a reprieve and a chance to step up.
    With Footscray having a bye this week if Wallis is deemed fit he has to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    With Footscray having a bye this week if Wallis is deemed fit he has to play.
    Yep agree with that. He's not quite the same type of player as Jong, but he should be fresh, and he'll go some way to ensure we get our hands on the ball in the middle which if we're flat could be vital.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Every weeks a danger game. We're either on song or we aren't. I feel we only need to be half on song to beat this rabble.

Yes they rolled Freo last year minus Sandilands and Ballantyne, and this will happen every blue moon.
    Only because Lyon still has a soft spot for them and it was Lenny love childs farewell game.
    St.KIlda ara crap and will fold quicker then a row of tents on the top of Mt.Panorama under our extreme pressure.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B: .......... M.Boyd.......Roughhead.......Wood
    HB: ........ Talia.............Murphy........Roberts
    C: .......... Dickson........ Stevens........Webb
    HF : ....... Stringer.........Smith.........Crameri
    F: .......... Dahlhaus......T.Boyd......Honeychurch
    Foll : ...... Minson.........Picken.......Bontempelli
    Bench: ... Hunter...Johannisen...Biggs
    Sub : .... Hrovat
    In : Biggs ..Hunter..Minson
    Out : Jong ( Broken Hand ) Macrae ( Rested ) Cordy

Footscray VFL Stats
    http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_...365370&a=MATCH
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 05-05-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: stats

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think Macrae will be rested. Our midfield is missing a few already

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae has to work through his lull in form by playing and not being rested IMO. Not that he is playing terrible, but for his standards he is a little off. Macrae will get 40+ possies this week if the Saints give us the space they allowed the bombers last week. It was a free flowing affair from the bits I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amused that Aints fans think they're a red hot show to knock us off on Saturday. They feel their forward line will trouble us and expect Roo and Montagna to come in. They mostly have Dempster on Crameri and Fisher on Stringer. If their forward line is going to trouble us why hasn't it troubled others this year, namely Carlton who pretty much don't have a back line.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm amused that Aints fans think they're a red hot show to knock us off on Saturday
    I,m expecting them to have a red hot go from the start but the amount of pressure we bring forces mistakes , I don't expect them to stay committed to their game plan for long once we put the squeeze on them , they will start taking too long to make decisions and then they will be either tackled , forced to handpass under pressure or kick backwards

Post Thanks / Like

If we're on, we'll smash them.

It's that simple.

11. Likes Dry Rot, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If we're on, we'll smash them.

It's that simple.
    But more and more the game is played on the margins, particularly among teams that feature in the lower 10-12 places on the ladder.

If we're off by 5-10 per cent, and the Saints are on we'll be pushed extremely hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget about Sydney Swans and remember a certain preliminary with a diving Nick Reiwoldt - let that image sink in for a while.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Forget about Sydney Swans and remember a certain preliminary with a diving Nick Reiwoldt - let that image sink in for a while.
    You mean the preliminary final that we should have won if it wasn't for us not taking our opportunities irrespective of the differential in top end talent? Thanks mate, I feel a lot better now.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You mean the preliminary final that we should have won if it wasn't for us not taking our opportunities irrespective of the differential in top end talent? Thanks mate, I feel a lot better now.......
    Exactly! We still owe them numerous good hidings for that one.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Exactly! We still owe them numerous good hidings for that one.
    As a fan, I probably share your sentiment, but all the future wins will never get back that opportunity.

Was very nervous early in the week about this one, but as it's progressed I'm more convinced that this group won't suffer a lull like past Bulldog groups have - not that we won't suffer physically through the year with such a young group, more the mental application. Guess we'll find out Saturday, but gee a win would set up a top of the table clash with Freo beautifully...and who thought that was a prospect pre season?

Anyways

In: Wallis, Hunter (based on Stevo's tweet earlier this week - he'd know)
    Out: Jong, Smith
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Macrae is in a form lull, I know he can have 40 possession games but he is motoring on quite nicely. We are less dependent on him than last year, too.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon