Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
Certainly unlike what the Scott brothers would've stood for at Brisbane. I noticed Ziebell and one other remonstrate but there were few others, just a lot of finger pointing to the umpire by Boomer and co. If that was Murphy or Webb you would hope that we would make a stand although unfortunately it does now come at a financial cost to those who get involved which might explain why Harvey didn't take the lead, particularly given his seniority and being the closest to the incident.
I think I also saw 2 players shaking his hand after the game. The other week against the Crows when Smith kicked a goal every Bulldogs player on the field ran to pat him on the head and congratulated his success. That sort of one in all in approach must also spill over into protecting the captain and any rookie from acts like Swallow experienced.
It sends a bad message to the competition that North won't rough up a player that does such a cowardly act towards their captain.

Every player should have followed Ziebells and Firitto's lead and the fact that Hodge got off the ground without having his hair roughed up raises some serious doubts about what North stands for.