Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Passion of Our Players

How absolutely fantastic has it been watching the passion of our players so far this season, after the off season from hell? All the negative talk about our club, our culture and our future in October last year painted a picture of a club and its players in great divide.

Fast forward to five rounds in and I have NEVER seen so much passion and togetherness from our football club in all of its history. The way we're playing for one another on and off the field is a thing of pure beauty.

The reaction from the players after we beat Sydney was amazing.

We've never sung the song better - it's the greatest rendition I've ever seen - and I've watched it over 10 times already.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...stern-bulldogs

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Passion of Our Players

I just posted something similar in the game day thread. Add in the big statements by the guys who've committed long term and you feel a very special bond, led with such passion by Bob, is forming. I've never seen such an emotional rendition of the song, Talia looked like he was about to explode!!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

One of things Bevo wanted to do when he came to the club, was to bond the players together. Late January they took a trip up to the Sunshine Coast where they did a number of activities together as part of the bonding that Bevo wanted to achieve. Murph spoke about that trip on the radio yesterday and said the trip played a very important part on how the players are playing.

I think the players have formed a special relationship with each other and are playing like a team, without anyone really outstanding. In the past we relied on one or two good players, but this year we are playing more like a team.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally I feel we have a group of players who have committed to nothing but the ultimate success for the club. It's as if everyone at the club has just said '...right, sixty-one years is bloody long enough, time for us to create history as a group and turn this club into something special.

Really looking forward to not being everyone's second team, really looking forward to being loathed and respected like the Brisbane's of the early 2000s or the Geelong's of the late 2000s.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't fault the spirit shown by the club presently, nor could I be happier with how the place seems to be working at the moment.

There's some big tests to come however, football doesn't allow honeymoon periods to last any longer than what a reasonable person could deem the absolute minimum of time.

The culture of commitment across our entire 22 each week has been something that has made me sit up an take notice this year. There's no single player in the team that actually carries themselves like they are more of a star than any of the others playing with them. That change among the playing group has been the biggest influence on our playing group so far this year.

Post Thanks / Like

http://t.co/qYwcgzcrN8

Looks like it's not just the players. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

The culture of commitment across our entire 22 each week has been something that has made me sit up an take notice this year. There's no single player in the team that actually carries themselves like they are more of a star than any of the others playing with them. That change among the playing group has been the biggest influence on our playing group so far this year.
    It's a stark difference to last year when a miserable team played miserable footy.

It shows you the value of the leader who loves his club, loves being the skipper and loves his teammates.

Bob is the one who has galvanised the squad. We're so lucky to have him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't fault the spirit shown by the club presently, nor could I be happier with how the place seems to be working at the moment.

There's some big tests to come however, football doesn't allow honeymoon periods to last any longer than what a reasonable person could deem the absolute minimum of time.

I think a large part of that is down to the senior leadership that is left at the club. Bob, Boyd Snr, Morris. Three guys who just ooze integrity and team-first attitude. We are finally starting to develop a culture that we've sought for 60 years.

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still be the best rendition I've heard.
    That was a huge win for the club and it meant a lot.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

You should have heard the one at Whitten Oval!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

how much would Richmond love even 50% of the passion and heart our team has

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I've watched it so many times. Might go watch it again now!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh....my....God.... we still have to get Libba back. When he returns we are going to be tearing a few side a new one.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Oh....my....God.... we still have to get Libba back. When he returns we are going to be tearing a few side a new one.
    And don't forget Morris , you start to wonder where they will fit back in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I just posted something similar in the game day thread. Add in the big statements by the guys who've committed long term and you feel a very special bond, led with such passion by Bob, is forming. I've never seen such an emotional rendition of the song, Talia looked like he was about to explode!!
    Get goosebumps evey time i watch it(12 and still counting).
    Can't remember where i sawthe photo published but at the end of the song Matty Boyd is on the right hand side(in the video he is on the left hand side) and just the sheer emotinal force of which he shows at the end is exhiliarting!!!!!!!!