Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Passion of Our Players

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I think a large part of that is down to the senior leadership that is left at the club. Bob, Boyd Snr, Morris. Three guys who just ooze integrity and team-first attitude. We are finally starting to develop a culture that we've sought for 60 years.
    It certainly does stem from the top down. You just need to look at Murph and see how much love he has for this club. The interview he just gave on AFL 360 again shows his modesty. He is just so humble and so unassuming - totally team oriented. You can see why he is the most loved player in the modern game. We are incredibly lucky to have him as the club's leader. I really can't speak highly enough of the man. His passion has a trickle down effect on the team which leads them to share the same passion.

2. Likes N/A, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    I think a large part of that is down to the senior leadership that is left at the club. Bob, Boyd Snr, Morris. Three guys who just ooze integrity and team-first attitude. We are finally starting to develop a culture that we've sought for 60 years.
    I wish that Crossy was still around to be one of these leaders because he bled red white and blue. Not sure if he'd get a game though. I still hate seeing him in a Melbourne jumper.

There is definitely a unity amongst the players this year that wasn't there the last couple of years.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I wish that Crossy was still around to be one of these leaders because he bled red white and blue. Not sure if he'd get a game though. I still hate seeing him in a Melbourne jumper.

There is definitely a unity amongst the players this year that wasn't there the last couple of years.
    Everyone loves Crossy and I think we did him a favour ,he has prolonged his career and it made a position open for one of the kids to come in.
    I think it shows by going to Melbourne he wasn't going to be picked up by a side close to a premiership
    Side but one worse than us.
    A hard nutted player who got their by effort but We wanted more talented players.
    Bring back the biff