Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poor Sportsmanship

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    I travelled along too. Was fairly standard bias shown towards the Swans in most aspects of the game. Booing at end was in my opinion directed towards the umpires for not calling Pike's mark. A few times throughout the match I was on my feet cheering a goal etc. Plenty of rubbish talk coming from behind me ie. "Get back in ya seat d**khead we'll come over the top, you wait and see". Was a great feeling at the end standing up in the stand surrounded by mopping Swans giving the big fist pump! I loved it. They are a very fair weather bunch up here and don't have the grit nor thick skin of a Bulldogs supporter.
    Pretty well matches my experience.

Still able to barrack and cheer though. In Adelaide it would have probably resulted to physical assault.

I will need to be circumspect when we play Port Adelaide in June.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst I'm sure Footy Park was a scary place in the early 90s I really don't think it is like that these days. I've been to both Dogs and non Dogs games against the Crows in recent years and never experienced anything unsavory. It's no different to attending the footy in Melbourne apart from 99.9% of the crowd being Crows supporters. Port may be a different story though.

Not sure why the Swans supporters were booing the Pyke non-mark - it should have been holding the ball - JJ was fully aware that it was play on, not sure why Pyke got latitude for being a big dumb Canadian rugby player. I heard Mark Stevens on the radio after the game question if Swans supporters know the rules - there's no question in my mind!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Whilst I'm sure Footy Park was a scary place in the early 90s I really don't think it is like that these days. I've been to both Dogs and non Dogs games against the Crows in recent years and never experienced anything unsavory. It's no different to attending the footy in Melbourne apart from 99.9% of the crowd being Crows supporters. Port may be a different story though.

Not sure why the Swans supporters were booing the Pyke non-mark - it should have been holding the ball - JJ was fully aware that it was play on, not sure why Pyke got latitude for being a big dumb Canadian rugby player. I heard Mark Stevens on the radio after the game question if Swans supporters know the rules - there's no question in my mind!
    Good point about JJ, never thought about it that way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

It depends on if he had prior opportunity to get rid of the ball.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Our song is always played at a lower volume at all venues, it really irritates me.
    Compare 6:33 of the Adelaide game in round 4 with 2:36 of the Sydney game in round 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFwvVaZEi8

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...wo-minutes-rd5
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff