Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 7 vs Fremantle

Not overly shocked by Jack Macrae's ommision .
    Looking forward to seeing another with two surnames debut .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    MaCrae out, wow. He has been down on what we know he can be but is that enough to be dropped? Apparently so.
    I think some of his defensive efforts haven't been great, and the kicking around corners missing targets is infuriating .
    He'll be back

Post Thanks / Like

I like the changes.

Macrae has been really poor for mine for much of the season, culminating in last week's performance. Needs to get back to basics and become better defensively.

Hrovat has been disappointing too, aside from his short impact v Swans. Needs to do more.

McPharlin out represents a great chance for our forwards to test their backs, whilst the three inclusions of Boyd/Jong/Wallis are huge for us - especially in a game v Freo. Excited to see what Dale can offer up too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I think some of his defensive efforts haven't been great, and the kicking around corners missing targets is infuriating .
    He'll be back
    I agree 100%. I'm not surprised but shocked they actually did it.
    I like it, everyone is on notice and at the same time everyone has a every chance to play too.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year Macrae was made the sub against Geelong after some poor performances. The next week against Gold Coast he dominated and collected 43 possessions. Perhaps he needs a bit of a wake up call every so often when his standards begin to slip.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Macrae, like Webb, is a bit shickered out after some heavy matches. They will both bounce back with a bit of recouperation.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Some interesting Stats for around the ground

Cont Poss - WB 4th, Freo 12th
    Clearances - WB 6th, Freo 7th
    Centre Clear - WB 6th, Freo 4th - differential 2 clearances.
    Stoppages - WB 5th, Freo 12th
    Rebound 50 - WB 9th to Freo 15th
    Inside 50 - WB 5th, Freo 11th
    Tackles - WB 3rd, Freo 17th

Hitouts - WB 17th, Freo 2nd.

We are way ahead in all the relevant stats even though we are getting smashed in hitouts

Our clearances might still be high but that doesn't mean the hitouts don't influence the quality or quantity, especialy in the centre bounces. A pre and post Cordy comparison might be more revealing but that doesn't take factors like opposition amd weather into account

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I think that Macrae, like Webb, is a bit shickered out after some heavy matches. They will both bounce back with a bit of recouperation.
    Well as we have seen with the Minson omission, Bevo is making players really force their way back in the team with good form at VFL level. No one is being gifted games. They are dropped for a reason because they have deficiencies in their game. Go back work on that deficiency and when they have fixed the deficiency they get another crack. It doesn't matter who you are (except Bobby ) It's coaching with discipline!

Post Thanks / Like

V hawthorn Hodge had 40+ possessions, we lost (by a lot)
    V Shitkilda Armitage had 40+ possessions, we lost (from being in a seemingly un-losable position)

We can't afford to let either Fyfe Mundy Neale or Barlow have this sort of Freedom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Our clearances might still be high but that doesn't mean the hitouts don't influence the quality or quantity, especialy in the centre bounces. A pre and post Cordy comparison might be more revealing but that doesn't take factors like opposition amd weather into account
    There can be no debate that we are losing the hit outs and the reverse would be better. Clearly all our rucks have strengths and deficiencies. It would seem that Cordy's overall skill set is currently the best fit for Bevo's preferred game plan.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Freo have certainly lined up a tall side for the game

Sandilands 211cm Clark 203cm A.Pearce 200cm Taberner 198cm Johnson 195cm Mundy 192cm Pavlich 192cm Fyfe 190cm

Just have to make sure you kick to a lead and not to a pack , keep the game on the move and not get caught in repeat contests where they can target the tap out , any Forward 50 entries have to be razor sharp to stop their taller players doubling up to block or spoil