Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Infamous Bulldog Suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I remember Wee Georgie getting reported for hitting Carl Ditterich one day at Moorabin. He was pretty angry, and I think the umpire saved Big Carl from a severe mauling at George's hands. Carl hit EJ after he got rid of the ball, but I don't think that Carl expected one of our smallest pups to settle the score.

I also seem to remember one of our players getting 9 weeks for running into an umpire (it wasn't intentional). I am sure someone here can tell us who that was.

Heh! Big Carl meets a Braybrook boy for the first time. I love it,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Remeber Chris Grant being suspended by the insurance company due to concerns about nerve damage (I think)in his neck? Anyone remember if he missed a game at all? It unfolded in the week leading up to the season opener IIRC.
    Missed a fair bit of the pre season is my recollection, couldn't even train with the club? don't think he missed any games for premiership points but could be wrong
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Hargrave getting a week for sending Heath Black's jaw into orbit was wrong for all the right reasons.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I also seem to remember one of our players getting 9 weeks for running into an umpire (it wasn't intentional). I am sure someone here can tell us who that was.
    Todd Curley, pretty much ended his career is the general consensus, was in decent nick up til then but never got back in any real form from there on and faded away pretty much
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Todd Curley, pretty much ended his career is the general consensus, was in decent nick up til then but never got back in any real form from there on and faded away pretty much
    Don't know if anyone travelled to Adelaide the game following is suspension but we made a huge "Free Todd Curley" banner.

We got beat from memory and I got even more of a beating when my GF at the time noticed we were a queen sized flat sheet short about 3 weeks later

6. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember buckets being passed around at training to pay for Southern's fine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Don't know if anyone travelled to Adelaide the game following is suspension but we made a huge "Free Todd Curley" banner.

We got beat from memory and I got even more of a beating when my GF at the time noticed we were a queen sized flat sheet short about 3 weeks later
    Could be the funniest thing I've ever read on WOOF.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Grant...Will NEVER forgive that Carlton pr.ck!

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    Reduced from eight weeks I think
    Was 4 weeks down to 2. I went to high school with the umpire he ran into, Keiran Nicholls. Was quite the tosser back then and didn't improve when he became an umpire.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Missed a fair bit of the pre season is my recollection, couldn't even train with the club? don't think he missed any games for premiership points but could be wrong

That sounds right. He missed a big chunk of the preseason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    I remember buckets being passed around at training to pay for Southern's fine

They covered it too. Ten grand. The fine was going to wipe out all money he earned after tax that season.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds right. He missed a big chunk of the preseason.
    He, the club and the PA were going to sue weren't they if they continued to stop hm?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He, the club and the PA were going to sue weren't they if they continued to stop hm?

That's right. The threat of legal action saw them get a new medical opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

That's right. The threat of legal action saw them get a new medical opinion.
    Funny in cases of medical related insurance companies how people with law degrees can change the final stuff that people with medical degrees say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What comes to mind at the most infamous, worst, unfair or most serious in your mind?

I'm reading wiki on VFL/AFL suspensions and our Wally Warden got 22 weeks for kicking in 1928. Anyone know anything about it, it must have been something massive!
    We must have stupid players. Wally should've kicked the player from the ground, and then it's tripping with low force and a 3 pence fine... 22 weeks suspension in deed.

18. Likes craigsahibee, merantau liked this post