Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  50
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 9 vs GWS Giants

I think we need to ring the changes.

Out:
    Goodes (inj), Biggs, Dale, Cordy, Hunter, Jong (inj), Tom Boyd

In: Campbell, Hamling, Redpath, Grant, Macrae, Webb, Honeychurch.

Suggestions: Bonti is having trouble with the tags, play him as a deep forward for a change. Dickson should be in his rightful place too. Perhaps F: Dickson, Stringer, Bontempelli

We are being smashed too often in the stoppages lately. Perhaps get Wallis and Matt Boyd in there from the centre bounce and have Picken given a tagging assignment against their most prolific mid.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

They won't make 7 changes .

Post Thanks / Like

Out:
    Goodes - Injured but shouldn't play again anyway.
    Dale - Not quite ready.
    Jong - Two extremely poor games.
    Cordy - Surely the experiment is over.

Other possible outs: Boyd (rested), Hunter, Biggs

In:
    Macrae - Should have played last week.
    Hrovat - Should have played last week.
    Grant - Probably should have played last week.
    Campbell - Better than Ayce.

Other possible ins: Redpath (for Boyd), Webb (BOG in VFL)

- Honeychurch will probably be considered but his form had tapered anyway for mine. We could conceivably make 6-7 changes but I think we'll keep it at 4.

Post Thanks / Like

IN Minson (surely case gets thrown out) Grant Macrae Redpath Hrovat
    Out Goodes(inj) Cordy Hunter Jong(Inj) Dale

Minno and Redpath to do Rucking leave Roughy down back Keep Boyd down Forward and Let Biggs do a job on Griff like he did last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson won't be playing...no matter how soft the contact was with the umpire. The AFL (VFL) love making statements about this sort of thing so I expect him to miss at least two weeks. It's actually be the perfect opportunity for Beveridge to elevate Campbell......Cordy dropped, Minson unavailable, Campbell in the best for Footscray and we're playing againt a big bodied old fashioned ruckman.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Boyd you could drop but I would keep him in the side still. Bonts might need a spell. Would really like to see Campbell get a call up. I think Goodes and Cordy needs to go back to ressies.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Tom Boyd you could drop but I would keep him in the side still. Bonts might need a spell. Would really like to see Campbell get a call up. I think Goodes and Cordy needs to go back to ressies.
    Goodes has a broken wrist, Easty, so will be a definite omission.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    My mistake yep obviously will not play next week.

Toby Mclean. How far away would he be from senior selection.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    My mistake yep obviously will not play next week.

Toby Mclean. How far away would he be from senior selection.
    Seems he's getting close, although he may be behind Hrovat and Honeychurch who will be in the frame to return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

I'm not sure how Goodes didn't get a free kick as he had his hands on the ball and the Melbourne opponent kicked him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-2...-to-two-months
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Declean Hamilton, Caleb Daniel I'm sure will feature at some point this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we look more edgy with Honeychurch in the team. I think he or Hrovat simply have to come in. A team of Hamling, Biggs, Webb and Grant looks a bit soft to me and comes with risk. Happy to include Grant but one of our smalls needs to come in as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think we look more edgy with Honeychurch in the team. I think he or Hrovat simply have to come in. A team of Hamling, Biggs, Webb and Grant looks a bit soft to me and comes with risk. Happy to include Grant but one of our smalls needs to come in as well.
    Yes I like Honeychurch in the team. Macrae is another that should come in. Grant I'm just not sure of. Has potential as we keep saying but if he doesn't fire then he'll be in danger. Libba is a big loss and would make a big difference through the middle. I look forward to seeing him back again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Tend to agree. Honeychurch isn't as talented as a lot of the guys on our list, but his effort and attitude has almost made him a lock when he's fit. I think he was tiring in the last week or two prior to the general soreness though.

I can't see Hunter and Biggs lasting long with Hrovat and Macrae in the wings. Even Grant, for all his faults, is much harder in the contest than the former two.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been at our best when Honey was harassing opposition defenders, we have really missed that the last few weeks, it certainly wasn't there against Melbourne.
    Having said that he carrying a sore shoulder related injury that has been shown up a couple of times this year so he may need more than just a week off, even though I'd love to have him back in there at his best.

Webb was simply too good for VFL level this week, he's had his rest and should come back in.

Hrovat was good also but has had mixed success when going up the grade, probably should come in.

Campbell for Cordy is a no brainer, if that doesn't happen then I will be utterly confused as to what's going on, Cordy clearly isn't good enough as a ruckman or a forward, we gave it a go and it failed, time to move on I'm afraid.

Grant only played a half against a non competitive North Ballarat side and was dominant the week before.
    Seems to be playing with some real focus though and wouldn't surprise me to see him included.

I thought Hunter was average to poor again and probably doesn't deserve a game but going on selection form he will probably get another game.

Jong definitely isn't right, whether it be in his head or an injury that is stopping him. Give him some time off and a confidence booster in the VFL.

Was also not too impressed by Bigg's game but he might be given another chance.

So all in all there could be heaps of changes but the certainties for me are Campbell for Cordy, Hrovat for Goodes, Macrae for Jong.

17. Likes azabob liked this post