Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  51
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 8 2015 - Melbourne V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This type of "we'll be right" approach is crap. .
    All I am saying is there will be ups and downs. We have already shown we can match it with the best, but we can also stink it up, but let's not be too hasty either with putting the boots in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Twodogs, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I haven't heard too much being said externally of we are a young list, if anything it is the opposite Beveridge isn't using youth as an excuse. Whenever he has been asked about our youth etc. he always replies with something along the lines that we are not putting a lid on our expectations because of the groups age.

From the outside looking in Beveridge wants to and expects to play finals.

Now having said that, some of the above analysis of our on-field moves may suggest something different.

TBB, do you get the impression we are hiding behind our age profile as an excuse (other than managing workload)?
    I don't think Beveridge is. As you said, he's been on record a few times about not using our age as an excuse. However, I've read and heard plenty of our supporters bring up that point whenever there's criticism. It's a bad attitude to have and a very sweeping statement, especially when there was a multitude of reasons why we were well beaten yesterday - age not really being one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't think age of the group has a bearing on results you're kidding .
    Yesterday the effort was poor regardless, but to say it's an excuse for fluctuating form is just plain wrong .
    All young football teams have fluctuating form, and we're no different .
    Naturally Beveridge isn't going use it as an excuse, as it's a cop out for the group .
    Funny how Roos said he's team were " tired" last week and were a young team, and The Dees are middle of the road in experience.
    Of course it's okay because it's Paul Roos

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ayce Cordy copped a big whack on Footy classified last night. The great concern is some of his decision making. He has to come out and work hard, and listen carefully to the coaches, following instructions and being a bit smarter.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    If you don't think age of the group has a bearing on results you're kidding .
    Yesterday the effort was poor regardless, but to say it's an excuse for fluctuating form is just plain wrong .
    All young football teams have fluctuating form, and we're no different .
    Naturally Beveridge isn't going use it as an excuse, as it's a cop out for the group .
    Funny how Roos said he's team were " tired" last week and were a young team, and The Dees are middle of the road in experience.
    Of course it's okay because it's Paul Roos
    Some strange comments in here.

Never did I say that our young age is completely irrelevant - obviously in some areas it is, as I've previously acknowledged. What I am saying, is that many people keep hanging their hat on simply being young as an excuse. If you are one of those Remi, then to use your own words, you're kidding.

Not sure what Paul Roos has to do with it? I don't comment on them because I don't give a stuff about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Some strange comments in here.

Never did I say that our young age is completely irrelevant - obviously in some areas it is, as I've previously acknowledged. What I am saying, is that many people keep hanging their hat on simply being young as an excuse. If you are one of those Remi, then to use your own words, you're kidding.

Not sure what Paul Roos has to do with it? I don't comment on them because I don't give a stuff about them.
    Not using it as an excuse as it's an acknowledged fact that players don't develop ( most) after 70 plus games .
    If you think it's an excuse,then fine . Ask people involved with AFL clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not using it as an excuse as it's an acknowledged fact that players don't develop ( most) after 70 plus games .
    If you think it's an excuse,then fine . Ask people involved with AFL clubs.
    You mean ask somebody like Beveridge, who has said multiple times it's not an excuse?

It can be a contributing factor but you can't pull it out every time you lose.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean ask somebody like Beveridge, who has said multiple times it's not an excuse?

It can be a contributing factor but you can't pull it out every time you lose.
    What do you think he's going to say?
    Why do you think young players are continually rested?
    S*** load of young players and you get fluctuating form

Post Thanks / Like

The football industry is filled with people that claim "you don't take injured players into finals" leading up to and during September - but every team does it.

What can be said in public versus what can be thought privately are two separate things. Coaches avoid saying what they truly believe all the time, and not using age as an excuse for fluctuating form is a classic example of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The football industry is filled with people that claim "you don't take injured players into finals" leading up to and during September - but every team does it.

What can be said in public versus what can be thought privately are two separate things. Coaches avoid saying what they truly believe all the time, and not using age as an excuse for fluctuating form is a classic example of this.
    It also gives the players an out for not performing
    Lying is the second language in the AFL industry

Post Thanks / Like

I know for a fact (found out tonight) that the players were hammered by Bevo for their performance, so I am happy to hear it.

Only some of the supporters using the excuses

14. Likes jeemak, Happy Days, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Arsesmart.

Post Thanks / Like

I know for a fact (found out tonight) that the players were hammered by Bevo for their performance, so I am happy to hear it.
    So they ought to be, it was an insipid performance.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.