Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  328
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Booing Adam Goodes.

Bulldogs to wear Indigenous jumper on Sunday:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...30-gini39.html

No surprise that those desperate for attention are clamouring to voice their ill-informed opinions on the subject.
    No shit he's playing the victim - he IS the victim.

To quote Ralph Wiggum - "I can't believe I used to go out with you"
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would the average "intelligent" fan listen to Bob or Aker? Trouble is they are not all intelligent I know that. Hopefully those bulldog supporters who have booed Goodesy will read Bob's words and take notice....although I doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

great

6. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Great stuff
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Just some further food for thought: Adam Goodes' brother is on our list. I believe I have also read that Adam has bought a Bulldogs membership. I'm proud that our club through the Be Loud Be Fair campaign, Bob's article, Jordan Roughead's interview and now wearing the indigenous Guernsey are showing leadership.

Adam Goodes has occasionally not played the game as I think it should be played, but I could cite dozens of others for whom this is the case. Counter balancing that is that he has made us all think about race issues. Sport is virtually the only forum through many of us even come into contact with an indigenous person and unfortunately is one of the very few spaces in which an Indigenous person can be adulated and respected. Goodes has also spoken out about family violence and is a White Ribbon ambassador.

Racism isn't always deliberate and conscious, and I'm sure many of those that boo genuinely think there's no racial factor. It's called casual racism and is the sort of unthinking reflex what made even the supposedly enlightened Eddie McGuire come out with his unbelievable 'King Kong' comments.

As as for him pointing out the girl who vilified him, he had a split second to do so. The next day he expressed concern for her well being and asked the media not to hound her.

How sad that so soon after we saw some of the best that footy crowds and communities can do in the respect shown to Phil Walsh and his family that we are seeing this ugliness.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Guys there has been some good discussions on this thread but we have decided to close it down tomorrow. I don't think we are going to be able to bring anything new to the discussion and every one has had a good chance to get their point of view over.
    It's time to get back onto this weeks games.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, azabob, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The curse is dead.

12. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My humble opinion. If you think that you aren't being racist, but realise that other people would feel that your actions are being racist, then maybe stop doing it.

14. Likes bulldogtragic, chef, Twodogs, hujsh, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Guys there has been some good discussions on this thread but we have decided to close it down tomorrow. I don't think we are going to be able to bring anything new to the discussion and every one has had a good chance to get their point of view over.
    That's your prerogative, and I understand that it's with the interests of those who could be greatly offended by what could be said in mind that you're choosing to close the thread. Personally, I reckon the same interests are better served by continued discussion - because 200+ years of silence is silence enough.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

16. Thanks Before I Die thanked for this post
    Likes chef, Murphy'sLore, jeemak, whythelongface liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This week's game involves our team wearing their indigenous jumpers to show their disgust at the racist 'Booing of Adam Goodes'. Our team are not closing down this thread (Booing Adam Goodes), they are putting it back on the front page and making it the central issue of this week's game. I thought discussing this week's game was one of the main things we did on WOOF.

I know your intentions are honourable, but closing down this thread is the wrong thing to do. Woofers don't have to read it. Woofers don't have to post or respond. But don't tell us this is a non-footy issue, or an issue which is not relevant to the Western Bulldogs, or a non-issue. This is not a case of 'nothing to see here, move on'.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont see why it needs to be closed.
    The curse is dead.

19. Likes AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we could move the discussion on from blame to solutions? I have read some but the next step must be solving the problem.

A cheer for Goodes when he gets the ball is something I heard on talkback. It's grass roots and effective.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

21. Likes chef, Before I Die liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Just some further food for thought: Adam Goodes' brother is on our list. I believe I have also read that Adam has bought a Bulldogs membership. I'm proud that our club through the Be Loud Be Fair campaign, Bob's article, Jordan Roughead's interview and now wearing the indigenous Guernsey are showing leadership.

Adam Goodes has occasionally not played the game as I think it should be played, but I could cite dozens of others for whom this is the case. Counter balancing that is that he has made us all think about race issues. Sport is virtually the only forum through many of us even come into contact with an indigenous person and unfortunately is one of the very few spaces in which an Indigenous person can be adulated and respected. Goodes has also spoken out about family violence and is a White Ribbon ambassador.

Racism isn't always deliberate and conscious, and I'm sure many of those that boo genuinely think there's no racial factor. It's called casual racism and is the sort of unthinking reflex what made even the supposedly enlightened Eddie McGuire come out with his unbelievable 'King Kong' comments.

As as for him pointing out the girl who vilified him, he had a split second to do so. The next day he expressed concern for her well being and asked the media not to hound her.

How sad that so soon after we saw some of the best that footy crowds and communities can do in the respect shown to Phil Walsh and his family that we are seeing this ugliness.
    Superb post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    If we could move the discussion on from blame to solutions? I have read some but the next step must be solving the problem.

A cheer for Goodes when he gets the ball is something I heard on talkback. It's grass roots and effective.
    Hip Hip Hooray

for Adam Goodes

from Before I Die and like minded Woofers

Like this post if you want to join in the cheer
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

24. Likes Dancin' Douggy, Murphy'sLore liked this post