Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  33
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gold Coast Suns

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If it's so tough, they have a choice - don't play.
    No sympathy from me.
    So you have some sympathy for him now that you understand that there's more to it than simply being a dickhead?
    This is exactly what i was trying to say, don't be so quick to judge as there's often a lot more to a situation than you will ever know.
    I'm not in any way excusing his behavior but he has been treated very shabbily by our pathetic excuse for a media and there are often underlying reasons for people making bad decisions and lifestyle choices, yes some are just dickheads but everything is not always black and white we would all do well to remember that.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Good article from Emma Quayle on Harley Bennell here

Hasn't had a particularly good up bringing and has found it tough being away from home in Perth. (I am not giving him excuses for drug taking.)

I think it was grossly unfair of News Corp to publish those 2 year old pics. Hopefully the kid can work it all out as he is an extremely talented footballer.
    The photos were two years old? Seriously?

That's a joke. That is a *!*!*!*!ing joke right there.

Do they have any evidence that he's even gone near the stuff since then? Exactly what were they trying to prove.

Seriously angry right now.

3. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    So you have some sympathy for him now that you understand that there's more to it than simply being a dickhead?
    This is exactly what i was trying to say, don't be so quick to judge as there's often a lot more to a situation than you will ever know.
    I'm not in any way excusing his behavior but he has been treated very shabbily by our pathetic excuse for a media and there are often underlying reasons for people making bad decisions and lifestyle choices, yes some are just dickheads but everything is not always black and white we would all do well to remember that.
    Maybe I am not expressing myself the way I should. I have sympathy for his situation and others who have troubles, I don't have sympathy for those trying to resolve a problem by taking illegal drugs. I do understand why they turn to drugs, but there are other ways these days to resolve issues.

I agree with Gvgjr, The Club should have recognised, that a young man from Perth and his family situation, would have difficulties adjusting to life on the Gold Coast. The other players should also try and help a mate, but in the end the individual must take responsibility.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am not expressing myself the way I should. I have sympathy for his situation and others who have troubles, I don't have sympathy for those trying to resolve a problem by taking illegal drugs. I do understand why they turn to drugs, but there are other ways these days to resolve issues.

I agree with Gvgjr, The Club should have recognised, that a young man from Perth and his family situation, would have difficulties adjusting to life on the Gold Coast. The other players should also try and help a mate, but in the end the individual must take responsibility.
    They said on SEN yesterday that they moved his best mate over from Perth to be his housemate on the GC to help with the settling in period. But the point is valid, GCS should have been on this from early on.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

When he has K H as his mentor he is in trouble. Perfect storm.

Post Thanks / Like

But like DB said it's not that simple. Some people use Marijuana for help with kemo and other people abuse prescription drugs or alcohol the same as illegal drugs.

It's also far more likely someone will become addicted when they have other ongoing problems. A mouse in a box will OD on an addictive drug and die but that same mouse with other mice and food and water and equipment living in mouse heaven will likely only take a bit of that addictive drug and have a great time. People are more complicated but it proves a general point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    But like DB said it's not that simple. Some people use Marijuana for help with kemo and other people abuse prescription drugs or alcohol the same as illegal drugs.

It's also far more likely someone will become addicted when they have other ongoing problems. A mouse in a box will OD on an addictive drug and die but that same mouse with other mice and food and water and equipment living in mouse heaven will likely only take a bit of that addictive drug and have a great time. People are more complicated but it proves a general point
    We are once against getting back to the specifics of drugs etc which isn't the point of this thread so can I ask one more time that we focus just on what GWS and the AFL could be doing better.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We are once against getting back to the specifics of drugs etc which isn't the point of this thread so can I ask one more time that we focus just on what GWS and the AFL could be doing better.
    Or even GC
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Twodogs, Drunken Bum liked this post