Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
I enjoyed the article BUT....
We are headed for success... and the media and social discourse will swallow us and write our story. We must be sure who we are and where we come from.
I do not trust anybody but a Bulldog supporter to say a word about us and the day we win the flag will be our day alone. It will be the day that only Bulldogs have kept alive our hopes of sixty-one (61) years or more, despite the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, despite Neil Sachse, Tom Alvin, Carlton's cheating, Essendon's cheating, Collingwood's poaching, Ted Whitten and my brother dying without seeing a premiership, despite the open heart surgery of '97, the mighty efforts of Chris Grant's and Brad Johnson's careers being not enough, the pain of epic unrewarded hope, Ian Collins, the lack of support from the VFL/AFL, ravaging by the expansion teams' recruiting, our own ineptitude, the lack of cudos given to us in football conversations since primary school and only you fellow Bulldogs know what I am talking about in these 61 years.
When we win the flag, the rest of the football world will need to earn my audience and my words because they have not lived Bulldog like we do, through every Hawthorn dominance and every uneven playing field.
Beautiful.