Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch, Redpath sign new deals

Western Bulldogs forward duo Jack Redpath and Mitch Honeychurch have displayed their commitment to the Club by agreeing to new deals this week.

The pair join a host of Bulldogs to re-sign this year including captain Bob Murphy, Liam Picken, Easton Wood, Jack Macrae, Jake Stringer and several others.

After being upgraded from the Club’s rookie list at the end of last year, Redpath has played five games in 2015, including the past four.

Feeling more comfortable in his current role as a key forward, Redpath said he was “rapt” to continue his journey at the Bulldogs.

“I was pretty stoked that the Club had offered me an extension… There’s still a lot of work to be done on my game and as a team but just to know that the Club wants me around for another year… I was absolutely rapt that I could be here.

“I’m starting to feel a little bit more comfortable in the role that I’m playing at the moment and starting to feel more a part of the team.”

The power forward said he was delighted to continue his childhood dream of playing AFL football.

“To be playing AFL footy is a dream of every kid if you’re into your football but to be playing at the Western Bulldogs now, in this period when we’ve got a great young side and who knows where we could take it over this year and beyond.

“I’m just absolutely stoked to be in the team, I couldn’t be happier.”

Honeychurch started the season in fine form, playing in the Club’s opening seven rounds and picking up an AFL Rising Star nomination in round two, but succumbed to injury in round seven.

The small forward who is pushing for senior selection after displaying some impressive form in the VFL recently, said the chance to continue at the Club he’s called home for two years was an exciting one.

“It’s been a good two years so far and to continue on for the next two years and hopefully even further should be great.

“It’s obviously good to be around the Club at the moment and hopefully we can continue on throughout the year.”

Link
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

2. Likes Go_Dogs, Bulldog4life, bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Honeychurch, Redpath sign new deals

Good reward for both players who have shown improvement in 2015.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to both and in particular Redpath who has worked hard to get to where he is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With 3 minimum delistings, the remaining unsigned players should be worried. We just keep resigning players despite offering Boyd big dollars. Who would've thought the sky wouldn't cave in?

Great news.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jack's rapt.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No details about the lengths of their contracts in that article? Do we think it's just another year for each?

Glad to see them sign on anyway, Jack has been really solid the last few weeks and Mitch was promising early in the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack said in an interview it was for 1 year. Maybe to help T.Boyd get some more strength and maturity, but the ball is in his court to get a longer one next year. He needs to keep the graph going up and the potential is there.

Honeychurch I think but unconfirmed might be 2 years.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Over the moon for Big Red. Club took a leap of faith by promoting him last year and he's repaid that in the last month. Well done young man.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit tough on Jack, back to back 1 year deals doesn't exactly scream belief from the club. When you look at how many players who have shown less have been given 2 year deals over the years, it's a surprise he didn't get 2. Especially when you consider he's a key forward and the hit to miss ratio is so low.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

13. Likes Ghost Dog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy for both players to remain with the doggies

Both show fight and grit and they are the type of player we need at the Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    It's a bit tough on Jack, back to back 1 year deals doesn't exactly scream belief from the club. When you look at how many players who have shown less have been given 2 year deals over the years, it's a surprise he didn't get 2. Especially when you consider he's a key forward and the hit to miss ratio is so low.
    The man himself didn't seem to think so.

Signed up prior to the end of the season. Would have thought he could have continued to negotiate if he was unhappy with the arrangement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Do we think it's just another year for each?
    1 for Jack, 2 for Honey
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Really happy for both but particularly Jack. I see a lot of upside in him...even moreso than Honeychurch. Feels like he's a bee's todger away from being a really influential player in our side.

One year extension keeps him keen.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Really pleased for Redpath.

I would have been happy to delist him last year, but I've since come around. He is still mostly potential, but he could be a very handy key forward for us for a while.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the replay of last Sunday's game and Redpath was involved in a number of goals and should have kicked two more himself. I think he has the potential to cement himself in our best 22, but a long way to go yet.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes josie liked this post