Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dalrymple on the Bont, Stringer, Macrae, drafting etc etc. Very interesting listening

Just on the Shache v Weitering debate for Brisbane, Harris Andrews has been of their few bright lights and should be a rising star smokey, can you play two, 200cm centre half backs? I think they'll go Shache, especially if he wants to be there

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dalrymple on the Bont, Stringer, Macrae, drafting etc etc. Very interesting listening

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Earlier this year I was certain this would be Morris's last. Just seemed to have lost a yard or two. His last few weeks however have been outstanding and the temptation will be to go for one more season. Reckon he should retire knowing he played great football to the end.....he could fall of the cliff very quickly.
    I don't know. Honestly. Massively torn. The part of me that loves Morris the player wants him to retire before he has to finish a season in the sub vest. The part of me that's selfish wants him to play until he's 67.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

Do you think the Stringer pay-off will have clubs more wary of letting blokes slip due to injury alone?
    It still happens every year, and clubs with more early picks or a stronger list are best prepared to take the risk than those without.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't see any of our old guys(the whole 3 of them) wanting to retire just yet, I reckon they'll all be quite excited and motivated to be part of next season.
    The curse is dead.

5. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Can't see any of our old guys(the whole 3 of them) wanting to retire just yet, I reckon they'll all be quite excited and motivated to be part of next season.
    Agree.. And from what we have seen this year they all have something to offer in the short term.

7. Likes chef, Drunken Bum, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gather you're referring to Boyd, Morris & Murphy and writing off Minson
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot me down, but Christian Howard is having a great year at Glenelg. His kicking has just about been sublime, and he's providing a great deal of carry and penetration off the back lines. Has kicked a few great long distance goals as well. He's a very good sanfl player.

10. Likes azabob, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I gather you're referring to Boyd, Morris & Murphy and writing off Minson

Minson's been written off already by our coach.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Shoot me down, but Christian Howard is having a great year at Glenelg. His kicking has just about been sublime, and he's providing a great deal of carry and penetration off the back lines. Has kicked a few great long distance goals as well. He's a very good sanfl player.
    Great to hear he's having a good year. Found his level.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually happy to hear that. He must have been very downhearted after his afl career fizzled out so weakly. I wonder if the SA clubs have got their eyes on him. Will look good for dalrymple as well if Howard's career has a second wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a bit like Fuller, VFL level was a bit too much for him, but he's found a place in the SANFL.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Agree.. And from what we have seen this year they all have something to offer in the short term.
    Tend to agree. I suspect all will be best 22 for most of the year. Certainly Murphy, and probably Boyd and Morris.

And just on Morris playing on - if the worst case scenario is that others go past him and he is playing VFL - then at least we have a great on field leader and team man helping to develop our VFL defenders.

16. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with everything said on M, M & B. They have been wonderful contributors to our club and are all still easily playing well enough to justify their spot in our best 18, let alone our list. Hell, Murph and/or Boyd may well be All-Australian this year. It would be nice to think that they can wind up their careers on their own terms.

From a List Management perspective, the complicating factor is that they are all filling a similar role as small/medium defenders and it is not ideal for them all to leave within a short time (say the end of next year). Will be interesting to see how this play out.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson's been written off already by our coach.
    I wouldn't say that, he's giving everyone a go and seeing what he has to work with
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for him. Not his fault in the order he was drafted.