Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bulldogs' 'Three Amigos' could be finals X-factor

Link

THE WESTERN Bulldogs’ dynamic forward line will be hard to contain if they make the finals, in-form Dog Stewart Crameri says.

The 27-year-old is excited by the dangerous combination he's formed with fellow medium forwards Jake Stringer and Tory Dickson, with the rampaging trio kicking 33 goals between them in the past three games.

"The 'Three Amigos’, that sounds all right," Crameri told AFL.com.au.

"We've also got Jack Redpath kicking goals and Tommy Boyd is playing well in the (VFL), so there's a real good dynamic in our team that's going to hold up at the end of the year.

Crameri, who has kicked 22 goals in 2015, holds an affinity with fellow country boy Stringer, with the two forming a strong bond during their childhood.

"Jakey and I grew up together and we're pretty good friends and we like to have a little bit of banter between ourselves," Crameri said.

"When I see Jake lead into a bit of space, I might go in behind him, so the opposition has to guess what we're going to do, and that gives you a little bit of an edge.

"It's good to see us both kicking goals."

Not so long ago, Crameri wasn't kicking goals or doing the team things and consequently found himself in the VFL.

But like teammates Jack Macrae and Lachie Hunter, the 27-year-old served his penance and returned a better player.

"I just needed to work on the basics like contested ball, work rate and goalkicking," Crameri said.

"Every player goes through it because sometimes things aren't working, so to go back and play in the VFL was great because I was enjoying my football again.

"I got over my niggles and got back in the seniors, so it ended up being a pretty good experience."

The former Bomber has also had to contend with the ongoing supplements saga hanging over his head, but said he’s grateful for the support he's received from the club, especially coach Luke Beveridge.

"Initially it was tough because I wasn't allowed to play in the NAB Cup, that was probably the hardest thing," Crameri said.

"Obviously you have a little bit of self-doubt because you haven't played pre-season games, but 'Bevo' gave me a little bit of confidence by picking me (in round one).

"Apart from that I haven't really thought about it."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bulldogs' 'Three Amigos' could be finals X-factor

This is the first time I can remember having such a lethal forward line with many options available to kick goals.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be very funny if we make finals without Boyd in the side from the perspective that people have been telling us we will never get there without a tall forward. Love to see Redpath taking a few strong grabs, watching him grow in confidence.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realise Stringer and Crameri had grown up together. Great to have that bond on and off the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    "Every player goes through it because sometimes things aren't working, so to go back and play in the VFL was great because I was enjoying my football again."
    Liked this bit. Instead of whingeing and bitching about having to play in the twos, he has instead taken a look at it from a positive angle — getting to enjoy his footy without the external pressure. This would also be invaluable to a bloke who's going through the same stuff as the other Essendon players but on his own and isolated from the rest of that group.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm presuming Tom Boyd, over the next few years, will deliver on his potential.........or at least SOME of it.

A forward line with T. Boyd. Stringer. Crameri. Dixon as the core, is massive. Then throw in guys like Dalhaus, Hunter, J. Grant and Redpath. And cameos from Campbell and Murph. That is one hell of a Forward line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I'm presuming Tom Boyd, over the next few years, will deliver on his potential.........or at least SOME of it.

A forward line with T. Boyd. Stringer. Crameri. Dixon as the core, is massive. Then throw in guys like Dalhaus, Hunter, J. Grant and Redpath. And cameos from Campbell and Murph. That is one hell of a Forward line.
    Charlie coming to us?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I didn't realise Stringer and Crameri had grown up together. Great to have that bond on and off the field.
    Yep in Maryborough, grew up with Matty Dellavadova as well. Small town pushing way above its weight in superstars!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Yep in Maryborough, grew up with Matty Dellavadova as well. Small town pushing way above its weight in superstars!
    Out of the three, I'll bet Dellavedova is the worst basketballer.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes Twodogs, WBFC4FFC, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Charlie coming to us?
    DOH! Dickson of course. my error.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    DOH! Dickson of course. my error.
    I made the same error once and it was picked up.

The next few years is so exciting with the three amigos , plus the small players coming through.

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Out of the three, I'll bet Dellavedova is the worst basketballer.
    Never mind that, what's he like at footy? Is he wasting his time when he could be doing something substantial like starring for us.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Never mind that, what's he like at footy? Is he wasting his time when he could be doing something substantial like starring for us.
    Too right. Who wants to be mucking around with LeBron as a teammate, when you can be playing with Bont, The Package & Co.

Post Thanks / Like

Toby McLean is going to turn the 'Three Amigo's' into the 'Awesome Foursome' then chuck in Boyd for the 'F#*K YEH FIVE'

19. Likes F'scary, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And Redpath for the sick six.

21. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post