Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  55
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We're in the finals!

Apparently if it's Adelaide will be a Saturday, in order to allow them a 7 day break should they win for the week after with the travel..that's what I'm hoping for personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I was a pessimist. Stoked that perhaps for the first time ever....I was wrong!
    I have a good memory AR. I remember you said you were wrong about Daniel Cross once. Now that means you have been wrong twice. Still a good record.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have a good memory AR. I remember you said you were wrong about Daniel Cross once. Now that means you have been wrong twice. Still a good record.
    I operate on a statute of limitations. My comment on Daniel Cross has lapsed.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

4. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feels good to be excited about footy at the beginning of September.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lukewarm Beveridge View Post
    Apparently if it's Adelaide will be a Saturday, in order to allow them a 7 day break should they win for the week after with the travel..that's what I'm hoping for personally.
    I hope you're right. I will be playing in a prelim final of my own on Sunday week so I am praying that the Dogs don't play on Sunday as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember reading numerous articles bemoaning the fact that through the inequaility of the competition and the introduction of the new expansionist clubs, clubs like ours will find it virtually impossible to win another premiership. And that was before all of the off-season disruption at our club.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge but the fact we are even being spoken of as a realistic chance this year is simply incredible. This season would have been a worthy sequel to the great documentary "Year of the dog".
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

So if we lose and Adelaide win we're off to AAMI?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So if we lose and Adelaide win we're off to AAMI?
    Yeah mate. We need to win by over 100 to catch Sydney or Richmond now so we're 6th and Adelaide are 7th unless we lose and they win then we swap places
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

What a great effort by our Club
    Going from 14th of the ladder at the end of 2014 to 6th in 2015 and to playing finals
    Bring on Adelaide

11. Likes azabob, N/A, Eastdog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    What a great effort by our Club
    Going from 14th of the ladder at the end of 2014 to 6th in 2015 and to playing finals
    Bring on Adelaide
    Yep great effort from all involved. After an eventful summer its been a remarkable turnaround against the odds. No one expected us to be anywhere near where we are but the fact we are bodes really well for the future. We have a bit of experience around which is vital but having youth around is just as important and they will only improve as the years go on.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: We're in the finals!

Fantastic effort from the players, the coaching team and everyone involved in the footy department.

Although it's been a fantastic club wide effort I just want to give a shout out to Brett
    Montgomery. When Bevo got the nod over him as coach he put the club ahead of himself and stayed on in order to make Bevo's transition into the job smoother. It would have been pretty easy for him to say it was all too hard and take up a position somewhere else but not for the first time Monty has done the right thing by the club after the club has knocked him back.

Thanks Monty.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Different perspective, and one that's a little bit original throughout all of the who should take credit and who shouldn't discussions that have been had over the course of the recent journey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Fantastic effort from the players, the coaching team and everyone involved in the footy department.

Although it's been a fantastic club wide effort I just want to give a shout out to Brett
    Montgomery. When Bevo got the nod over him as coach he put the club ahead of himself and stayed on in order to make Bevo's transition into the job smoother. It would have been pretty easy for him to say it was all too hard and take up a position somewhere else but not for the first time Monty has done the right thing by the club after the club has knocked him back.

Thanks Monty.
    Excellent call TD.

I remember when Monty was traded to Port how gutted he was, but found his way back here.

Again would've been gutted last year but stuck firm.

Has proven himself a great Bulldog.

Not the highest profile, but was awarded AFLCA Assistant Coach of the Year in 2014.

Good man. Hopefully the right opportunity comes his way at the right time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Excellent call TD.

I remember when Monty was traded to Port how gutted he was, but found his way back here.

Again would've been gutted last year but stuck firm.

Has proven himself a great Bulldog.

Not the highest profile, but was awarded AFLCA Assistant Coach of the Year in 2014.

Good man. Hopefully the right opportunity comes his way at the right time.
    He is exactly the sort of person a football club is built around. Our club is a better place for Monty's presence.

I'm sure his knowledge of the playing list fast tracked the new coache's understanding of his new players and hlelped in our rapid improvement.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Eze Dog Guest

So apparently a medium in Perth has predicted a Bulldogs V Fremantle Grand Final with us winning by 10 points. There's only 1 flaw in her prediction (which is pretty good for a medium :P) and that is that West Coast will play 3 games before being knocked out.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1227519160151

Also the last time we won a Grand Final was 61 years ago (1954) and the last time we were in a Grand Final was 54 years ago (1961) so the stars are aligning, you know if you believe in that sort of thing

18. Likes cinder liked this post