Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  55
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We're in the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Eze Dog View Post
    So apparently a medium in Perth has predicted a Bulldogs V Fremantle Grand Final with us winning by 10 points. There's only 1 flaw in her prediction (which is pretty good for a medium :P) and that is that West Coast will play 3 games before being knocked out.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1227519160151

Also the last time we won a Grand Final was 61 years ago (1954) and the last time we were in a Grand Final was 54 years ago (1961) so the stars are aligning, you know if you believe in that sort of thing
    Didn't some kid have a dream in 2009 that we were going to play in the GF? It got a lot of media at the time. I think he said we would win by 10 points too,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Eze Dog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Didn't some kid have a dream in 2009 that we were going to play in the GF? It got a lot of media at the time. I think he said we would win by 10 points too,
    Would be an amazing year if it all came to fruition!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eze Dog View Post
    Would be an amazing year if it all came to fruition!
    Beveridge would thus become a religion.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean like Hird is at Essendon?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been toey enough about this week's game to relive this satisfying piece of Doggies history...

Western Bulldogs V Collingwood : 2006 AFL Elimination Final

What a moment.

Two mates who played in that win signed on for another year today, and another pair still guide us as coaches.

As with this wonderful year, back then a mob who also hadn't seen September action for too long were everyone's Cinderella story, as we always seem to be whenever we get near it, but invariably only so far...

While it's lovely to be everyone's feelgood (sympathy) story, may I say it's time to take Cinderella's slipper and shove it up the collective clackers of the competition while exorcising some demons along the way, starting with the Crows...and don't we bloody owe them.

It might not be this year, or perhaps even next, but I can't avoid the goosebumpy feeling we might actually have the group to do it, and that their mission starts this weekend.

If we pull it off, fair to say that Perth medium might have a full appointment book for the foreseeable future.

Carna Scrays.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

7. Likes Twodogs, N/A, SonofScray, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And so begins finals Friday, a day where I will undoubtedly spend the majority of my time engaging in banter, reading WOOF and the AFL site whilst (hopefully) doing as little work as possible. Feeling pretty excited/nervous.

Post Thanks / Like

The 9 hour time difference over here necessitates me to take a two hour break in the middle of the working day (10-12) to watch the Hawks match. Gotta suss out our likely opponent for next week!

**not a lie...I will have four half hour toilet breaks**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

**not a lie...I will have four half hour toilet breaks**
    Got the nervous Poo's Jazza about Sat.night?