Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  531
Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael Talia

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He turned up for his end of season exit interview and was told to leave the premises.
    Not that I am doubting you but is this for real, as in wow this is serious stuff. Papers basically stamped never to return to WO.

Big call but if he has lost the trust of the playing and coaching group well then there is no point in returning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Not that I am doubting you but is this for real, as in wow this is serious stuff. Papers basically stamped never to return to WO.

Big call but if he has lost the trust of the playing and coaching group well then there is no point in returning.
    When was this end of season review? Because Talia has been in Bali when all this has been unfolding - and in Bali with some of his teammates.

FWIW - has Talia's name ever been brought up in any release from the Dogs? As far as i can tell its the media putting his name out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    When was this end of season review? Because Talia has been in Bali when all this has been unfolding - and in Bali with some of his teammates.

FWIW - has Talia's name ever been brought up in any release from the Dogs? As far as i can tell its the media putting his name out there.
    End of season reviews were last week sometime between, Monday to Wednesday and then the players were off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He'll have time now to chew it over a few milkshakes.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

The AFLPA said the issue was between two brothers, one with Adeliade and one with the dogs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Wow. That's that then.

"Michael Talia sleeps with the fishes."
    Your best yet - thanks.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

7. Likes bulldogtragic, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For all the flak he is now going to cop over the remainder of his footy career I honestly hope he retires from the AFL. We can then cry foul and request a priority pick
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone honestly see any other team than the Crows taking him now?

First, he boned us giving away match day info, and now his trade value is almost zero.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Cows will drop him like a bag of spuds. Would you trust him with sensitive match day info?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think the Cows will drop him like a bag of spuds. Would you trust him with sensitive match day info?
    Depends on the circumstances behind the transfer of information (there is so much we don't know). He was linked to the Crows a long time before this. If they turn their backs on him as a result of this becoming public, it could be very messy internally.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo's Sting: What's next for Michael Talia?

You have to feel for Harvey Stevens.

There are no winners in the "Ta-ta Talia" story, but the 85-year-old Bulldogs premiership hero must be broken hearted.

Perhaps he's the biggest loser of all.

Stevens played ruck in the '54 flag and is the grandfather of Michael and Daniel Talia.

Michael was given Stevens' No.32 and the pair spoke gleefully and posed for photos in the days after the young defender was drafted to the kennel.

"I have been following [the Dogs] since my early days," Stevens said at the time.

"I used to live in one of those houses right across the road from the ground (Whitten Oval). There's a lot of tradition."

That tradition at the Dogs hasn't been tarnished in recent days. It's been shredded.

Well known Bulldog fan Tony Leonard has more chance of playing for his beloved club next year than Michael Talia.

By now you've heard the accusations that Talia leaked info to his Crows brother in the lead up to the elimination final.

The Dogs have remained silent publicly. But this has been viewed as betrayal by some within.

It's a strong word betrayal, but it's been used.

Rest assured, the club and coach Luke Beverdige have been cut deeply. He is a loyal, passionate and at times emotional man, Beveridge, and it is no surprise he has refused to answer Talia's calls.

The Talias say it was just a brotherly chat. The AFL Players' Association were quick to dismiss it. The Crows say there's nothing in it, predictably declaring they didn't use any info anyway.

But there is genuine at the Dogs. Fury doesn't come without good reason. They must be convinced by the evidence at hand.

Ben Stratton, via Kyle Cheney, must have told his old Hawthorn mate Beveridge something alarming.

There's talk about detail of a tagging role for Tory Dickson and tactics involving Jake Stringer being revealed, but for now, as the integrity department of the AFL goes to work, there is no official explanation about why the Dogs are barking mad.

It's an interesting one for the integrity department. You get the feeling the probe will run out of steam, judging by past investigations.

I'm tipping the insufficient evidence line will get a run, as well as the friendly brotherly chat line trotted out by the AFLPA.

It's going to be very difficult to pin down the Talias on this.

Regardless, so much damage has been done. Talia will be traded, his place on the list a little precarious before this anyway.

The former Dogs coach Brendan McCartney refused to play Talia for most of 2014, leaving him in the VFL.

Talia started the season well under Beverdige and McCartney, to some, was made look like a dill?

How could he not play in 2014 ahead of Mark Austin? That was the obvious question.

But McCartney had doubts about his ability to defend and hold up in one on one battles. The old coach was proven correct this year as Talia fell away, struggling to hold his ground against the big forwards.

The Dogs will receive compo via a trade an attempt to move on quickly.

It is going to be tougher for the legend that is Harvey Stevens to move on.

No doubt the 85 year old will put his grandkids first.

Where does that leave his passion for his beloved club?

A likely exoneration from the AFL will do little to ease the pain.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Depends on the circumstances behind the transfer of information (there is so much we don't know). He was linked to the Crows a long time before this. If they turn their backs on him as a result of this becoming public, it could be very messy internally.
    No shying away from that I'm afraid. It already is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    No shying away from that I'm afraid. It already is.
    What I mean is, if the Crows have accepted information from him (perhaps even actively sought it for all we know), they can hardly turn their backs on him now that it has become public. If they do so, the damage done to their club could be only worsened, especially when one of their star players is his brother and also seemingly implicated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    What I mean is, if the Crows have accepted information from him (perhaps even actively sought it for all we know), they can hardly turn their backs on him now that it has become public. If they do so, the damage done to their club could be only worsened, especially when one of their star players is his brother and also seemingly implicated.
    It all hinges on the investigation of the integrity unit. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I can see someone breaking ranks, whether its Cheney or Stratton or a dark mysterious figure we know that things have already been said and a broad cross section of people are in the know of what actually transpired.

I don't expect us to ease the pressure off the accelarator, not with PG driving but I think Michael might be under the pump a bit with this one and the decision to trade may be taken out of his hands. If Daniel wants to crack the sads he can make his own decisions. What I am saying is this could o either way, but the evidence is out there it seems and Adelaide may very well not even get the opportuntiy to stand by him.

We'll see I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

But there is genuine at the Dogs.
    Good to know. Are all our bases belong to Stevo?
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Talia started the season well under Beverdige and McCartney, to some, was made look like a dill?
    Is he unsure about this statement?

19. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post