Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  531
Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael Talia

Straight swap, Talia for Dangerfield is the only way the Crows can make amends.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

2. Likes Dry Rot, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Good to know. Are all our bases belong to Stevo?

Is he unsure about this statement?
    On line editing is really bad, and only getting worse.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    On line editing is really bad, and only getting worse.
    Wot you sayd.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The former Dogs coach Brendan McCartney refused to play Talia for most of 2014, leaving him in the VFL.

Talia started the season well under Beverdige and McCartney, to some, was made look like a dill?

How could he not play in 2014 ahead of Mark Austin? That was the obvious question.

But McCartney had doubts about his ability to defend and hold up in one on one battles. The old coach was proven correct this year as Talia fell away, struggling to hold his ground against the big forwards.

Possibly the most accurate part of the article. Macca got many a whack for not playing Talia even though Talia had showed little form at Footscray and was sulking. Now when Bevo doesn't play him it would appear he has sulked again.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

A mate just text me to say Darcy went off the long run at Talia on MMM. Would be interesting to hear what darcy said and what actually went down.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    A mate just text me to say Darcy went off the long run at Talia on MMM. Would be interesting to hear what darcy said and what actually went down.
    There you go Az:

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/

Halfway down the header that says Duke Fires Off At The Talia Boys
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Thanks azabob, Throughandthrough thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Darcy is right.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    My hope is that as a Club we can move on from this quickly, showing maturity and a level of grace regardless of where blame sits.

There are a lot of angry and shattered people on both sides of the fence who have been long, loyal and passionate supporters of our Club.

We must find a way to bring closure and unity to this as my fear is that we are risk of creating an irreparable division within the Club, from past players, their families, friends, associates and coteries where there are many tight and broad relationships that if broken can put our viability at some risk.

The Club has done great things under David Smorgon's and Peter Gordon's tenure to bring us closer together by actively promoting key social elements of our Club, none moreso than invigorating a previously lame Past Players group which this year in particular seemed to turn a corner (no doubt our successful season played its part).

Our leaders must now lead to help bring us back together as the broader effect of this is not insignificant.

I implore Peter, David and Luke to address this issue of unity with haste, to effectively manage the dissension, the anger and hurt, being felt at this time by those supportive or close to the Talia's and Stevens' position regardless of right and wrong.
    Last edited by Doc26; 25-09-2015 at 11:17 PM.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! One of the few times Luke's lost the nice guy media bloke tag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    There you go Az:

Just listened to this and there has to be something in it the way Darc has spoken. Not looking good for the Talia brothers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just listened to this and there has to be something in it the way Darc has spoken. Not looking good for the Talia brothers.
    I just listened as well, if details known only to inner sanctum were known by the Hawks players then there is a solid leak. How would Cheney be feeling?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    My hope is that as a Club we can move on from this quickly, showing maturity and a level of grace regardless of where blame sits.

There are a lot of angry and shattered people on both sides of the fence who have been long, loyal and passionate supporters of our Club.

We must find a way to bring closure and unity to this as my fear is that we are risk of creating an irreparable division within the Club, from past players, their families, friends, associates and coteries where there are many tight and broad relationships that if broken can put our viability at some risk.

The Club has done great things under David Smorgon's and Peter Gordon's tenure to bring us closer together by actively promoting key social elements of our Club, none moreso than invigorating a previously lame Past Players group which this year in particular seemed to turn a corner (no doubt our successful season played its part).

Our leaders must now lead to help bring us back together as the broader effect of this is not insignificant.

I implore Peter, David and Luke to address this issue of unity with haste, to effectively manage the dissension, the anger and hurt, being felt at this time by those supportive or close to the Talia's and Stevens' position regardless of right and wrong.
    Understand the sentiment and certainly do not want to have this result in any ongoing damage but going by the tone of Darcy on Triple M, Bob's obvious disappointment and the very careful, deliberate actions taken by the CEO I can't see it being an amicable resolution, or truce. Part of me doesn't want that either.

Without being too flippant, part of me wants to see play out like a Mafia situation. Cut the guys tongue out, the brothers ears off etc. Come down so hard none would ever dream of doing it again.

17. Likes Drunken Bum, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    There you go Az:

That was a good use of ten minutes. I think this is going to get bad Talia and I hope it does.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Talia's virtually unemployable in the industry now, by the looks of it... No big loss. Always struck me as an overly entitled sook, anyway. Good riddance.

Post Thanks / Like

As expected there are conflicting stories but unless someone has conjured up a lot of crap and the media has just run with it's increasingly harder to believe the brothers side of the story. Pickering is still pushing the whole 'there is nothing to it' aspect which was always going to be the case. If true, Talia is not the victim as Pickers is making out.

The question for the club now is do they sack him or facilitate a trade and get something out of this betrayal?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"