Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  531
Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Michael Talia

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    I think realistically we are going to get bugger all for Talia.

We've essentially sacked him already so he's not coming back and presumably will be delisted if not traded. Consequently we have zero bargaining power and at best will get a late draft pick or maybe a draft pick swap like we did for Biggs last year i.e. we swap pick 40 and Tallia for Pick 38 (yes I know we don't have Pick 40 - just an example).

That's one drawback of our dummy spit and AFL investigation - we can't even pretend we want to hang on to him for sake of negotiation. If you think we'll get a 2nd round draft pick for him you're dreaming.
    While I think there is an outside chance of getting a 2nd round pick you're probably correct in saying that it's more likely a pick upgrade. I think we can do a bit better than the Biggs example but it won't be much.

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Is this actually a thing though? Can anyone think of an example where there has actually been a bidding war to secure a player?

Usually the player nominates a club and that club pays the ball park imaginary price. Clubs picks are to far apart for a players value to rocket from pick 32 say to pick 14. No matter how many clubs are interested the real bidding war is to become the players preference, because then the trading clubs hands are tied.
    Once again this is a voice of reason but in Talia's situation if we don't get something that compensates us then we can just place him in draft. If a club is prepared to do the deal now they get the player earlier and can start working with him straight away rather than waiting for the draft or the pre-season draft.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Harley from Swans said on Trade Radio "if an opportunity arose" for Tallia they'd look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Swans footy manager Tom Harley on Michael Talia: "It looks like he's leaving the Western Bulldogs. A few things would have to fall into line for that to happen (him coming to the Swans). If there was an opportunity, it's something we'd look at."

Post Thanks / Like

Had a nightmare last night.
    Talia went to Adelaide, they played him as a forward and he kicked non stop goals when we played them, completely smashing us.

5. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meshe1969 View Post
    Talia went to Adelaide, they played him as a forward and he kicked non stop goals when we played them, completely smashing us.
    Great. Thanks. Way to ruin my night sleep tonight!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Is this actually a thing though? Can anyone think of an example where there has actually been a bidding war to secure a player?

Usually the player nominates a club and that club pays the ball park imaginary price. Clubs picks are to far apart for a players value to rocket from pick 32 say to pick 14. No matter how many clubs are interested the real bidding war is to become the players preference, because then the trading clubs hands are tied.
    Usually, but this is an unusual situation. He or his manager have not nominated a club so that doesn't apply in this case. The investigation will continue leaving the situation in a state of limbo. Key backs are hard to find and my feeling is the prospect of securing Talia will grow and grow as the days roll on and most of the deals are done.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get offered a second rounder.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take a second rounder for Talia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I'd take a second rounder for Talia
    Me too, absolutely. Even before all of this leaking controversy surfaced, I'd lost all hope in him as a player. He hasn't got footy smarts, he's slow off the mark, has poor closing speed - even after he's wound up, is a slow AND poor decision maker, his kicking is ordinary at best, he is ill-disciplined, he is poor at following instructions, he loses concentration, has a poor attitude and is gaffe prone...

All that considered & yes, a second round pick any day of the week!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meshe1969 View Post
    I hope against hope that he does play as a forward. Because then he'll be lining up against one Mr. Boyd and one Mr. Picken. We could mike both up for the game and release a hip hop single.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Me too, absolutely. Even before all of this leaking controversy surfaced, I'd lost all hope in him as a player. He hasn't got footy smarts, he's slow off the mark, has poor closing speed - even after he's wound up, is a slow AND poor decision maker, his kicking is ordinary at best, he is ill-disciplined, he is poor at following instructions, he loses concentration, has a poor attitude and is gaffe prone...

All that considered & yes, a second round pick any day of the week!!
    AND.........he's got short arms. I actually mean that. Bad genetic flaw for a defender

Post Thanks / Like

Like a T Rex

13. Likes Dancin' Douggy, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Verdict should be out in the next few days.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    Like a T Rex
    EEEEEEEXactly

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Im Not Bitter View Post
    Like a T Rex
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Fox Sports News reporting Talia met with Essendon in person today.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023