Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  55
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Marcus Adams

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not really but I'm VERY happy with the defensive group, of which Adams has been a huge part of.
    Talking about Hamling forward.

You open to it?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Are you happy with our forward set up / the form of who we have up forward?
    I have no issues as long as we are still winning. Ideally another tall would be good to take the pressure off, but no one is putting up their hand. If Redpath can find some form, then he can go forward. Dickson will be back and make a huge difference.

Taking Hamling away from the backline is robbing Peter and I don't know if it will pay Paul.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have no issues as long as we are still winning. Ideally another tall would be good to take the pressure off, but no one is putting up their hand. If Redpath can find some form, then he can go forward. Dickson will be back and make a huge difference.

Taking Hamling away from the backline is robbing Peter and I don't know if it will pay Paul.
    Even though we played without Hamling down back for the first two rounds? We played Adams, Morris and Wood down there and Wood returns this week.

FWIW I think we need Hamling down back against North, but maybe this week not so much.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Talking about Hamling forward.

You open to it?
    With Wood back, I'd give it a go. What's the worst that can happen?

Post Thanks / Like

Adams was pushed forward in the last quarter against Carlton. No reason why we couldn't do the same with Hamling. Coaches are always banging on about flexibility.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

6. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would leave him in the backline. At this stage we don't need him forward.
    I think he is better suited to the back line but I wouldn't rule out a switch forward some time during the season
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he is better suited to the back line but I wouldn't rule out a switch forward some time during the season
    Can certainly make a good distance with his kick. I liked it when Suckling kicked that long goal against Carlton to break their momentum. Adams can roost the thing pretty well. Could see him as a bit of a weapon in that regard.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think Adams has been struggling the past few weeks and is now finding out the difference between the WAFL and AFL.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Adams has been struggling the past few weeks and is now finding out the difference between the WAFL and AFL.
    He looked overawed on the Friday night big stage - quite a few fumbles. Because he looks such a beast it's easy to forget it was game 6 for him.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

I think he played well above expectations in the first 3 weeks and has been more than reasonable in the last 3. We can't expect anyone to maintain the form he showed in the first 3 weeks.

I don't see a problem with his form.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he played well above expectations in the first 3 weeks and has been more than reasonable in the last 3. We can't expect anyone to maintain the form he showed in the first 3 weeks.

I don't see a problem with his form.
    I totally agree. He has done well enough to keep his place in the team. His last few weeks has been ok, it's just because he set his benchmark so high that we think he's been quiet. He has been serviceable. Waite would of taken those marks no matter who was on him. I would think that he would of taken a lot out of playing on someone like Waite and Petrie. He will know what to expect next time we play them.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure Adams was on Waite all match? I thought I saw Wood on Waite a number of times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Are you sure Adams was on Waite all match? I thought I saw Wood on Waite a number of times.
    Adams wasn't on Waite a great deal.. He was actually on Thomas for much of the night... Really strange decision by the MC.

15. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Adams wasn't on Waite a great deal.. He was actually on Thomas for much of the night... Really strange decision by the MC.
    He was getting beaten badly early on when he was up against the taller players, so I guess the MC had to move him.

Post Thanks / Like

He was getting beaten badly early on when he was up against the taller players, so I guess the MC had to move him.
    He wasn't that bad early on and was being let down by players up the field.