Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Marcus Adams

His highlights on the website shows at least 6 or 7 good intercept contested marks, and it looks like they're all from the same match. Good strong hands, even when fully extended.
    Really happy with him and Collins based on highlights and reviews, not sold on the other two but I haven't followed the draft all that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Marcus looks the goods on the highlights reel. Looking forward to him locking horns with Stringer or Crameri in the pre season.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely pumped with Adams. Been spruiking him since August. Great back story. Big skill set. Ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Absolutely pumped with Adams. Been spruiking him since August. Great back story. Big skill set. Ready to go.
    Yep, he was right on your radar. I hope he is ready to go because he would provide us with a few options to shuffle some players around.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Yep, he was right on your radar. I hope he is ready to go because he would provide us with a few options to shuffle some players around.
    It's pretty crazy all of a sudden. As our back 6 next year, we can choose from Fletcher, Hamling, Collins, Adams, Roughead, Cordy, Wood, Morris, Murphy, Boyd, Johanissen, Suckling, Biggs, (probably) Adcock, Webb - and it was a perceived weakness.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks a big unit, may need to shred a bit of that size for AFL.
    I like that he plays like a tall and takes pack marks fully extended.
    Also backs his long kicking by finding teammates by kicking over defenders heads.
    That is not easy to do and very risky.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvSs3qpwi4

Season 2014 and highlights from a game with a 5 goal haul from Marcus. Check the video from the 4 min 50 sec mark for an interview with Marcus by the commentator.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this tidbit on another forum from a Perth based observer (Fremantle supporter):

If Adams had have attended the draft combine this year he would have finished 1st in the standing vertical jump, 4th in the running vertical jump and 5th in the 20 metre sprint. It is hard to fathom how last year the recruiters could neglect to draft a bloke of his Herculean size, who moves like that and who was right under their noses. On top of that, last year was his first season of footy in 3 seasons after missing 2012 and 2013 due to a severe case of osteitis pubis, so the potential for considerable growth was clearly there.
    Fair to say this supporter is fairly upset we took him before the Dockers.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Looks a big unit, may need to shred a bit of that size for AFL.
    I like that he plays like a tall and takes pack marks fully extended.
    Also backs his long kicking by finding teammates by kicking over defenders heads.
    That is not easy to do and very risky.
    You're probably right but he is regarded as very mobile. His coach wasn't quite convinced playing on taller opponents in the AFL was his go but I'd be surprised if he wasn't up for the challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the way he kicks the ball and moves around for a guy his size. Has 'tough nut' written all over him. Welcome to the exclusive WWB club or West Western Bulldogs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/29843001/state-draft-combine-buzzes/

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You're probably right but he is regarded as very mobile. His coach wasn't quite convinced playing on taller opponents in the AFL was his go but I'd be surprised if he wasn't up for the challenge.
    At the risk of repeating myself, check the guns in the photo then read his combine results:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/29843001/state-draft-combine-buzzes/

At the risk of repeating myself, check the guns in the photo then read his combine results:
    Have you got the state combine results?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    kiler highlights package
    http://bit.ly/1N5uS7i
    Link won't work for me

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/afl-national-draft-2015-eight-mature-age-wafl-players-who-could-be-picked-up/story-e6frf3e3-1227593441446

Sorry GVG, thought the text covered him. The combine results were really strong. Especially vertical jump and sprints. This covers it a little.

So excited he's a Bulldog. To me, our #1 acquisition.